Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
eithet
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to eithet Send a message via MSN to eithet
Alignment

My dad and i are having a disagreement over the alignment of our spitfire, the steering wheel is turned towards the right. He seems to think it's because that was the way it was installed, I think it's due to the alignment being way off. Can anyone tell him he's wrong?
eithet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
badassz34
AF Newbie

Here's what you need to do. With the front end supported on jackstands or the tires sitting on a conveniently placed oil spill, turn the steering wheel all the way left. Then turn all the way right. Now turn the wheel left HALF as many times as it took to go from full left to full right. This will put the steering system in the straight ahead position. At this position the steering wheel should be sitting straight. If it's not, the wheel may have been improperly installed. If the steering wheel is straight, observe the inclination of the wheels. If they are pointing one way or another then the toe angle is out of tolerance on one or both wheels. If this does not yeild a definite answer, then have your mechanic check the steering system.
badassz34 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion