Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
jckelsey
AF Newbie

Angry Driver 1? Driver 2? DIC won't change!!

Just bought an 02 Trailblazer LT and supposedly it will save settings for 2 drivers. No matter which remote I use, 1 is labeled '1' and the other is labeled '2', the DIC always says 'Driver 1'.

What gives!?!?!?
jckelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:46 PM   #2
dxve
AF Newbie

We just bought an '02 LTZ. You need to use the DIC to tell the truck how you want it to recognize the different remotes. It sounds like yours is set to not recognize #1 or #2 so you get the default which is driver #1. Within the DIC menus, you can tell it to recognize the key fobs upon "unlock", at ignition or not at all. Just select the one you want.

We set ours to "not at all" because every time I opened my wife's truck 17 motors whirred to life to adjust the seat, the mirrors, the lumbar support... even if I was just getting my sunglasses. so now I just use the buttons on the door to select driver 2 as I get in.

Check your manual, but I think to get into the DIC menus, you need to select Driver 1 or 2 on the door buttons, and then press and hold the "enter key" on the steering wheel. after a few seconds, it chirps and you can navigate the various options, similar to setting up your cellphone.

Good luck, hope it helps,
Dave
dxve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
jckelsey
AF Newbie

Well therein lies the problem I suppose. There are no buttons on the door at all. I thought the buttons on the door were just for the seat memory. Is that not the case?

Thanks
jckelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Johnny C
AF Newbie

Try using the kye fob to lock or unlock the doors before you start the engine, then it should recognize 1 or 2.
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
dxve
AF Newbie

The buttons on the door control all driver memory functions in our car. Push button 2 and the seat goes to the memory position, the mirrors adjust, even the programed radio stations are recalled for driver 2, along with the settings you select in the DIC. Now if I could just figure out how to get it to stop defaulting to driver 1 every time it's started...

Hope that helps,
Dave
dxve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #6
RebeccaLee
AF Newbie

Talking seat recall default

how DO you get the recall to default to driver 1? My husband & son use driver 2--they are very tall. I am the primary driver-so when I get in & push driver 1, then get out, get back in within 1/2 hour or so, it defaults to driver 2! Needless to say, I cana barely reach the pedals. this drives me crazy!
RebeccaLee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT