Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 05:55 AM   #61
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Murciélago R-Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXloon
"Who cares, it was already beaten by ENZO and its not the No.1 Supercar anymore. I've completely lost my respect towards Laborghini! "

well, to begin with, there's no comparison from a $273k Lambo with a $670k Ferrari!!!
but anyway, if you really want to compare... the Enzo costs 2.5 times more ... yet, the performance isn't even 1.1 times more than the Murci!! so, how the hell can someone loose their respect for such a car ??? (mainly when it looks much better than an Enzo! - but of course, just my own opinion)

again, in my opinion, the Enzo is a car to buy and be parked in the garage just to say 'I bought one'
spare_me_a_murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:18 AM   #62
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
yeh the murcielago R-Gt RULES
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:12 PM   #63
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Murciélago R-Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare_me_a_murci

well, to begin with, there's no comparison from a $273k Lambo with a $670k Ferrari!!!
but anyway, if you really want to compare... the Enzo costs 2.5 times more ... yet, the performance isn't even 1.1 times more than the Murci!! so, how the hell can someone loose their respect for such a car ??? (mainly when it looks much better than an Enzo! - but of course, just my own opinion)

again, in my opinion, the Enzo is a car to buy and be parked in the garage just to say 'I bought one'
I agree with everything except the last sentence about the Enzo. No car made after about 1930 is not meant to just sit in a garage. They were built to be driven. Drive them.

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #64
hiphophomer
Banned

what a waste of nearly $700,000 ,if you ever spend over $100,000 you should USE IT AND ABUSE IT or close enough because a car is for fun usually its not fun if you know you have power,but you cant use it
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:29 AM   #65
farbod
AF Enthusiast

it is not a waste
Old 09-30-2003, 09:17 AM   #66
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Murciélago R-Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPeRcAr_MaN
I agree with everything except the last sentence about the Enzo. No car made after about 1930 is not meant to just sit in a garage. They were built to be driven. Drive them.
Yes, I would certainly not left it in a garage if I owned one, I just wrote what usually happens! A car like the Enzo is made for the track.. or if you have the Autobahn at your door! Anyone who spends $700k in a car certainly doesn't want to waste it in a few months...
Old 09-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #67
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

Unhappy No R-gt Yet!!

moving to what this thread is about....

Just read that the R-GT will NOT race this Oct. 5th at Estoril!! The team said that although the car could race that day, they didn't have enough spare parts that would allow them to make a safe race.
So the R-GT introduction will be Oct. 19 at Monza.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #68
farbod
AF Enthusiast

NO WAY
Old 09-30-2003, 07:51 PM   #69
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Re: No R-gt Yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare_me_a_murci
moving to what this thread is about....

Just read that the R-GT will NOT race this Oct. 5th at Estoril!! The team said that although the car could race that day, they didn't have enough spare parts that would allow them to make a safe race.
So the R-GT introduction will be Oct. 19 at Monza.

I'm sure we can all be paitent for the extra 2 weeks. Good things come to those who wait...

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:43 AM   #70
RunningMan
AF Newbie

Delayed debut for the Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT

Delayed debut for the Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT
Posted by: kak on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:22 AM CET

The new Murciélago R-GT, launched recently at the Frankfurt Motor Show, was out on track for the first time last week in Vallelunga with test driver Dindo Capello at the helm. The roll-out on the first day was followed by two days of testing which ran smoothly. However, the availability of components from suppliers has resulted in a decision to give the Murciélago R-GT it’s first public outing at the Monza round of the FIA GT championship, 17-19 October.

Professional sports car driver, Dindo Capello, enjoyed his first stint in the new racer and summed up after Vallelunga saying, “There’s so much potential with the Murciélago R-GT. Within the limited testing time, we managed to complete many laps and to keep improving the car each time out.”

A spokesperson of Automobili Lamborghini, says of the first test run with the Murciélago R-GT, “The whole team has worked extremely hard to prepare the car for this first test within a relatively short time frame, but we agree with Reiter’s decision, due to the availability of parts, to be racing for the first time at Monza.”

The Murciélago R-GT sports racing car is derived from the acclaimed Lamborghini Murciélago super sports car, and has been introduced as a result of increasing customer demand for a high-specification Lamborghini race car at a competitive price. It has been developed jointly with renowned race engineering company Reiter Engineering in Germany, and parent company Audi’s sports division, Audi Sport.

More about FIA GT at Estoril here:

FIA GT heads south to Estoril (29.09.03)
RunningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:59 AM   #71
farbod
AF Enthusiast

how many r-gt's where thier made
was it just the one
Old 10-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #72
RunningMan
AF Newbie

Only 2 that I know of. Maybe someone else knows better. They plan to start selling them to race teams by the end of next year is what I heard. Not 100% sure about this.
RunningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:11 PM   #73
farbod
AF Enthusiast

i hope they make more
its a great car
Old 10-04-2003, 07:09 AM   #74
CRXloon
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by CRXloon
"Who cares, it was already beaten by ENZO and its not the No.1 Supercar anymore. I've completely lost my respect towards Laborghini! "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Errr, actually, i did not post this comment as my own, but as a quote from another member, hence the quotation marks enveloping the comment.

If you have another look at my posting you'll see this, so i don't deserve ; (your apology is accepted, in advance...)
CRXloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 06:48 PM   #75
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

.. didn't read the whole thread.. just the last posts.. again sorry for the mix up!