Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
CLK
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Leaving a mark here

i discovered this site while browsing through some random old stuff... its crazy to see how much worse the internet has become over the years. people were just more friendly and open-minded, people were genuinely tolerant and respectful it seems. sadly i was too young to fully experience the internet when it was at this stage. its also crazy how customizable everything is, its to the point where i dont even understand what some buttons do.. oh well, seems like im stuck with generally toxic people on discord and other sites.
to anyone who might see this: have a good one.
CLK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CLK For This Useful Post:
ctesla (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: Leaving a mark here

CLK,
most people here are genuine, and are here to provide help, assistance, and technical expertise; not snide remarks.. hope this finds you well in Syria; since many forms of speech (free and otherwise), are stifled by whoever is running a system; and, by the people who make the web "..crazy to see how much worse the internet has become over the years."
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

What do you drive?
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #4
CLK
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshapellSVT View Post
What do you drive?
i drive a beat up '97 toyota corona with plans to some day restore my grandpa's golf mk1 that has been sitting for more than a decade...
Old 07-11-2021, 06:23 PM   #5
CLK
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctesla View Post
CLK,
most people here are genuine, and are here to provide help, assistance, and technical expertise; not snide remarks.. hope this finds you well in Syria; since many forms of speech (free and otherwise), are stifled by whoever is running a system; and, by the people who make the web "..crazy to see how much worse the internet has become over the years."
a simple quick gaze at this site really shows what kind of people there are in here... i regret not being on this site when it was at the peak of its activity. and i agree with your remarks on how everyone's basic freedoms are being taken away, step by step.
though im optimistic for the -slightly distant- future, i believe it'll be far better than what we have, even for the car community! (come on we have to find a way to make those damned EVs fun somehow!!)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic