Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #31
sprucebingsteen
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Dodge caravan 3.3 Gauges not working

i had the same problem a few years ago ... no gauges, no signals, and my odometer was about 50 clicks fewer. I just bought a new battery and it has been fine since.
sprucebingsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #32
Alphabravo
AF Regular

Talking Re: 1996 Dodge caravan 3.3 Gauges not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyvan View Post
To the original post of this thread. The dash is not working because there is a short. Go to this thread...http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=210076.. His fix seems to work.
HAHA That's a good solution.
Put your best Hindu accent on this, "What do you do when your guages do not work? You 'Bang-la-Desh'!!"

Please, no offense meant to folks of Indian descent.
Alphabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #33
gravejacked
AF Newbie

This is a fuse for the memory of the computers in the van, mainly the PCM and BCM. Instead of pulling that fuse try hitting the top of the dash, this should bring the gauges back. I have a 96 voyager and mine does it all the time. I have traced it down to a bad connection in the pins to the cluster or in the cluster itself. Still working on getting my fixed.
gravejacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #34
ninesevenvert
AF Newbie

I have a 99 and when my odometer and prnd3l go blank, I go to the pcm under the hood and wiggle the main connectors (around 45 pins each).. whatever my problem is, it is due to one or more of the pins not making connection- it has done this 3 times since late last year. First time I removed the pcm and disconnected the battery for 8 hrs (read on a convertible forum-resets pcm completely). When I reconnected it worked (the pcm controls the grounds -1st time was a pia- starter wouldn't work-relay lost ground and no fire), it does have a serial or version number- so that you can replace it....most wrecking yards should know this. I found mine for around $100, although mine is in one of the pins (possibly wire to female connector i'm guessing as this would make a difference when I wiggle the wires).
ninesevenvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:27 AM   #35
BluemanGibsonsBC
AF Newbie

Hey,Rraamm man,you were totally correct re the burnt wire in a plug,on the back of the heater switch under the stereo area.I changed my whole cluster today,after trying to repair the old one to no avail,and still nothing.This took time,money,and a day standing in cold rain at Pick A Part.I was on my way home,waiting for the ferry at Horseshoe Bay BC,when I came across your comment re the burnt wire behind the heater switch.I tore that open in the ferry parking lot,grabbed the wires,and my guages came to life.I squished one of the little squares to temporarely fix the plug,and will change it nexttime I take the ferry,and drive 100k to Pick A Part in Chilliwack.Now my guages all work including shifting indicator,etc.Thankyou so much.Andy Cook.Sunshine Coast BC.
BluemanGibsonsBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #36
BluemanGibsonsBC
AF Newbie

Sorry,I meant to direct my reply to Rraamm2. His suggested fix worked perfectly on my 2000 Dodge Caravan that had no power to cluster.The problem was a shorting out melting connection behind the heater control switch on the double flat rows of pin connections ,left bottom pin,in my case.Thankyou!
BluemanGibsonsBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #37
RIP
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluemanGibsonsBC View Post
Sorry,I meant to direct my reply to Rraamm2. His suggested fix worked perfectly on my 2000 Dodge Caravan that had no power to cluster.The problem was a shorting out melting connection behind the heater control switch on the double flat rows of pin connections ,left bottom pin,in my case.Thankyou!
Matters little. He's had 3 posts in 7 years. Doubt he's around anymore. Actually you missed it was djswitser in post b#23. Anyway, thanks for posting your fix. That connector bites many. Few think to look there.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #38
luanova9
AF Newbie

My 99 Grand Voyager 3.3 just did this. No gauges, no dash lights, no lights, no door locks.
I removed the IOD fuse and the door locks started clicking
Put it back and everything is back to normal.
YAY -- and thank you for the posts.
luanova9 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager