Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
badtransam86
AF Newbie

Torsion bar

I have a bent torsion bar on the passenger side. My question is will this cause the wheel to lay in. I had a four wheel alignment done and the passenger was out by 8 degrees on the camber. It's causing the steering wheel to make a half turn to the left when you let go of the wheel. Just wanted to know if that would be the cause. I don't want to throw money into it and it not fix it. The vehicle appears to have never been in a wreck.
badtransam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Torsion bar

What year is your Durango? In what way is the torsion bar bent? It seems like if it is visibly bent when looking down it, it would also suggest that the suspension on that side would have to be pushed back in order for the bar not to be too short. Is the ride height correct?

Did the shop that performed the alignment adjust out the 8 degrees of camber, or leave it? Did the steering compensate to the left before and after the alignment?

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
badtransam86
AF Newbie

Re: Torsion bar

It's a 2000 model. The torsion bar is bowed out toward the transmission. The garage cranked both torsion bars all the way up the passenger wheel got to 1.23 degrees and it was slowly going back up in degrees. It still drove with a pull. It's wanting to go left and you gotta steer it to the right to go straight. I had them to lower it back down due to it riding rough. The driver side is on zero on the camber I think the passenger is 8.50 which is alot. Like I said this garage is swearing up and down torsion bar has nothing to do with the wheel layed in and it driving weird.
badtransam86 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango