Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > Delta
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 02:41 AM   #31
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
You Poms are lucky- you only get the Type R- not the silly little GSi's and bottom of the line ones- Integras with the B18c engine are very fast indeed- but they lack the presence of an Evo or a Cossie- those two cars are legends- they put all the other "hot" hatches to absolute shame

Impreza's and Evolution's however are reasonably good cars- but not a patch on Cossies and EVO's

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 04-05-2003, 05:34 AM   #32
Kaneda55
AF Newbie

Evo's are great cars! My friend had a Evo 6 Makkinen tuned to about 380bhp and boy was that quick, but cossies... I've never been a fan of them Jimster. If you lived in England you'd probably agree with me. It's not so much the car I hate it's more of the type of person that drives them. The culture in the UK around Ford RS's and Cossies is that no other car, no matter how much better they are, could beat their precious Ford. They are so narrow minded.
I know we all don't like our cars to be beaten by others but we know when we see a 800bhp R33gtr it would whup our ass! Not cossy owners in the UK. No they would insist that skyline engines are weak and wouldn't be able to take the power. I sh*! u not!
Anyway enough of my rant about cossies, cos at the moment I couldn't beat one even it's engine was in a zillion different pieces. I AM CARLESS! I got made redundant from Noble cars 6 weeks ago and I had to sell my Teg!
Old 04-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #33
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaneda55
Evo's are great cars! My friend had a Evo 6 Makkinen tuned to about 380bhp and boy was that quick, but cossies... I've never been a fan of them Jimster. If you lived in England you'd probably agree with me. It's not so much the car I hate it's more of the type of person that drives them. The culture in the UK around Ford RS's and Cossies is that no other car, no matter how much better they are, could beat their precious Ford. They are so narrow minded.
I know we all don't like our cars to be beaten by others but we know when we see a 800bhp R33gtr it would whup our ass! Not cossy owners in the UK. No they would insist that skyline engines are weak and wouldn't be able to take the power. I sh*! u not!
Anyway enough of my rant about cossies, cos at the moment I couldn't beat one even it's engine was in a zillion different pieces. I AM CARLESS! I got made redundant from Noble cars 6 weeks ago and I had to sell my Teg!

Well I was bought up in New Zealand- while I was growing up it was all about V8 Holdens and Fords (Aussie cars) but soon enough New Zealand was over-run by Evo's, Skylines, GTO/3000GT's, DOHC VTEC Hondas, RX7's, WRX STi's, 323 GTX's, Silvia's, Supra's Galant VR4's etc...............Anyway all the assholes bought these cars and think they are the shit in them- They are all like Cossie owners- except they own Jap cars- the funny thing was I beat a lot of them with my lard-assed Pug 6O7- they just were that useless at driving them- they are not true enthusiasts like Delta drivers often are

Sorry to hear about your redundancy man.............Why did they make you redundant?????

Old 04-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #34
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Evo's are great cars! My friend had a Evo 6 Makkinen

Just in case you didnt notice / know, we're in a Lancia forum here, which means EVO stands for Lancia Integrale Evolution.

It's shameful that people think of the sh*tsubishi when they hear EVO
Old 04-06-2003, 05:32 PM   #35
Kaneda55
AF Newbie

Not quite sure why they made me redundant but in one day they almost halfed the workforce when they did away with 7 of us. I think there overheads were just to high.
The strange thing was only a week before they were all eager about us getting 4 cars out a week. Right now I doubt they'd be doing more than 2 a week. Not good for the customers.
On a different note I went to Santa Pod today (UK's most famous drag strip) where there was alot of Jap metal plus the usual yank "cubic capacity" machines, so I was very happy to see one Integrale 8v doing a couple of runs plus 2 Evo II's waiting in the car park. Unfortunately one of the Evo II's pulled out just before his run. I'm not sure what problem he had but it was a shame cos I've never seen one do a 1/4 mile yet. Anybody know what kind of times they're expected to run with about 250bhp?
I was even more surprised to see a Daihatsu charade GTti get a 15.2
This was better than the Beamer M3's and Saphire cosworths (this made my day ). Do you get those charades over in New Zealand Jimster? I had one when I was 19. A nice 1ltr 3cyl 12v with a HKS sequential dump valve. They're so much fun for the money!

P.S sorry crayzayjay. I will now refer to the Mitsi's as Lancer Evo's (does anybody else find it difficult trying to discuss Lancia Evo's & Lancer Evo's without somebody getting confused?)
Old 04-07-2003, 08:04 AM   #36
crayzayjay
CFA

Don’t worry about it, I just don’t think the EVO should be compared with the Lancer. There’s a gulf of class between the two, not to mention history. The Integrale is a legend. The Lancer is not on the same level, not by any means
Old 04-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #37
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:

I was even more surprised to see a Daihatsu charade GTti get a 15.2
This was better than the Beamer M3's and Saphire cosworths (this made my day ). Do you get those charades over in New Zealand Jimster? I had one when I was 19. A nice 1ltr 3cyl 12v with a HKS sequential dump valve. They're so much fun for the money!

I don't live in New Zealand any more- but yes we did get Charades- they were greanny-mobiles- except for the Charade DeTomaso- which was one impressive little machine

Old 05-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #38
CollGecC
AF Newbie

:jump: :flash: Lancia Delta HF Integrale is the BEST Car what people have EVER MADE :flash: :ylsuper

I will buy this car as soon as possible.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #39
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Indeed but alas, prepare your wallet for the garage

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 06-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #40
Luka3000gt
Banned

I'm a proud owner of a bautiful lmtd ed. Lancia delta evoluzione hf integrale martini 6(the one white with the write Martini Racing on the spoiler and the side red-blue lines)
IT has now 420 Hp (tuned at B&M engineering, spent 10.000 $) and hasn't got nos!!

And about the Fulvio Giuliani's Delta, it has 550 hp without nos and 720 hp with it. It isn't only a drag race car, it's also a Hill climb car (It races against Alfa 155 DTM, Audi A4 Super Touring etc. and it usually wins when it doesn't broke something (You know how are the higly tuned cars , mine is twice a month at the mechanic )
Old 06-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #41
crayzayjay
CFA

Martini 6! very nice

385 worldwide if memory serves?
Old 07-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #42
HOLZEREVO
AF Newbie

Hello,

I've just 'surfed on in'. I would agree that the Integrale is one of the best 'real world' drivers cars around. I currently have both an Evo 1 Edition Ronald Holzer (No 1 of 8 built) in Holzer Yellow. This car is heavily modified (suspension, wheels, high spec engine, chargecooler, bespoke 3in1 radiator/oil cooler/chargecooler rad, Accusump, baffled sump, MoTeC M4E Pro race engine management system, large injectors, hybrid turbo, F40 front brakes...and probably a couple of things I have forgotten)..and is a superb drive. The spec is not the original 'Holzer' spec, I have modified it further.

I also have a 'normal' 16V in Monza Red, plus a few other Grales for spares.

I'm also one of the moderators on the Evocorner forum, which has a thriving Grale community:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/evoforum/start

So, crayzayjay, have you found your ideal Grale yet, or does your quest continue?

Good luck and all the best.

Neil
Old 07-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #43
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Hello Neil and welcome on this foprum !

Do you have some pics of your Delta ??

Old 07-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #44
HOLZEREVO
AF Newbie

...there are a couple of pics of my Holzer Evo here:

http://www.delta-hf.co.uk/yourcars/neillewis.htm

...although I have silver Azev A rims now.

Cheers,

Neil

Last edited by HOLZEREVO; 07-16-2003 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #45
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

That's a so nice car and the engine, and the handling ! ....
Your car hasn't the "right hand drive" ?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > Delta