Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
oggie505
AF Newbie

1995 concorde keyless remote programming

I just bought a 1995 Concorde. The people I bought it from had lost the keyless remote for it, I have purchas3ed one on ebay and am wondering if anyone knows how to program it?
oggie505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
dward
AF Newbie

Smile Programming for 94-95 concorde

HELLO MY E-MAIL IS dward@nccw.net.
STEP#1 REMOVE THE UPPER CENTER BEZEL FROM INSTRUMENT PANEL AND LOCATE THE TRACTION CONTROL BLACK CONNECTOR**DISCONNECT CONNECTOR-TURN IGNITION SWITCH TO (ON) POSITION.
STEP#2 GROUND CONNECTOR TERMINAL #4-THE BACK LEFT TERMINAL-THE BACK RIGHT TERMINAL IS GROUND-YOU CAN USE A PAPER CLIP IT WORKS JUST FINE. THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE-PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL-THE LOCKS WILL CYCLE AGAIN CONFIRMING PROGRAM.
STEP#3 IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE REMOTE CONTROL OR YOUR ORIGINAL REMOTE-IT HAS TO BE SET NOW AS WELL-THE GROUNDING OF THE REMOTE PROGRAM WIRE ERASES THE PREVIOUS PROGRAM.
PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND REMOTE AND WAIT FOR THE LOCKS TO CYCLE. DISCONNECT THE PAPER CLIP OR JUMPER FROM THE GROUND. RECONNECT THE TRACTION CONTROL CONNECTOR AND REINSTALL THE UPPER CENTER BEZEL.

ENJOY
DOUG
PS I HAVE PICTURES IF NEEDED.
dward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
dward
AF Newbie

Hello Again
The Traction Connector Is Black And The Two Wires Side By Side Are Pins 4 And 1--pin4 Is Green And Pin 1 Is Black-a Ground.
Pins 5 And 6 Are Not Used. Pin 4 Is On The Same Side As Pins 5 And 6.

Ps You May Have To Do The Procedure More Than Once If You Are Trying To Program More Than One Remote. I Had To Repeat The Procedure Twice To Get Both Of My Remotes Programmed.

Enjoy
Doug
Old 01-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
tdawg
AF Newbie

Re: Programming for 94-95 concorde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward
STEP#1 REMOVE THE UPPER CENTER BEZEL FROM INSTRUMENT PANEL AND LOCATE THE TRACTION CONTROL BLACK CONNECTOR**DISCONNECT CONNECTOR-TURN IGNITION SWITCH TO (ON) POSITION.
STEP#2 GROUND CONNECTOR TERMINAL #4-THE BACK LEFT TERMINAL-THE BACK RIGHT TERMINAL IS GROUND-YOU CAN USE A PAPER CLIP IT WORKS JUST FINE. THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE-PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL-THE LOCKS WILL CYCLE AGAIN CONFIRMING PROGRAM.
STEP#3 IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE REMOTE CONTROL OR YOUR ORIGINAL REMOTE-IT HAS TO BE SET NOW AS WELL-THE GROUNDING OF THE REMOTE PROGRAM WIRE ERASES THE PREVIOUS PROGRAM.
PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND REMOTE AND WAIT FOR THE LOCKS TO CYCLE. DISCONNECT THE PAPER CLIP OR JUMPER FROM THE GROUND. RECONNECT THE TRACTION CONTROL CONNECTOR AND REINSTALL THE UPPER CENTER BEZEL.

ENJOY
DOUG
PS I HAVE PICTURES IF NEEDED.

Hey Doug, I was wondering if this would also work on a 93 concorde? If so, can I please get the pics at my e-mail(taafvermeulen@hotmail.com) If this methode does not work, do you know how it is done on a 93 concorde?
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #5
julahti
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 concorde keyless remote programming

Hello Doug,
interesting. Will this work on my 1995 New Yorker as well?
julahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #6
dward
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1995 concorde keyless remote programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by julahti
Hello Doug,
interesting. Will this work on my 1995 New Yorker as well?
Hi,
My instructions are for the dodge intrepid and chrysler concorde 93 thur 97. I understand that all remotes before 2000 can be reprogrammed by the the owner. If you would like the infro i have, my e-mail is dward@myfam.com
Old 06-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
jawildey
AF Newbie

Re: Programming for 94-95 concorde

Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not real familiar with terminology; but what is the Upper Center Bezel on an Intrepid? If you still have the pics that would be great.

Thanks.

[quote=dward] HELLO MY E-MAIL IS dward@nccw.net.
jawildey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 AM   #8
TheToolMan86
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TheToolMan86
If you have a '96, you can Ground the #1 position on the DLC under the dash on the drivers side. You don't have to pry the bezel off then. It should work the same from there on.
TheToolMan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 AM   #9
stumpy1951
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToolMan86
If you have a '96, you can Ground the #1 position on the DLC under the dash on the drivers side. You don't have to pry the bezel off then. It should work the same from there on.

could you please tell me wrer and what the bezel is ?
Thank you Stumpy
stumpy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 AM   #10
obiwan1129
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Programming for 94-95-96 concorde

Quote:

Ok. Attempted the directions here and now have major problems. I have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L V6. I performed the following steps.

1. Grounded the #1 wire on the dataport under my steering wheel.
2. Got in the car and turned the ignition to the on position.
3. Nothing happened the power locks did not cycle at all.
4. I tried to click on the keyless entry to no avail.
5. I removed the grounded wire to find that the radio, power locks and my interior dome light all do not work. Further now whenever I start the car, the heat automatically turns on.

So I checked the following items:
1. The relay works. I switched it with the horn relay and it appears to be fine.
2. I checked the fuse for the power locks and that appears to be fine as well.
3. I pulled the ground off the battery thinking that might recycle any programming mode I might be stuck in.
4. I took the door apart and checked the power lock solenoid, there doesn't appear to be any voltage there.
5. Now whenever I start the car the heat automatically comes on, before it would remember the last state it was in, on or off.

I will be going through and check each fuse this afternoon but I am thinking there may be some need to reprogram somewhere. I'd like to take another crack at this, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

John
obiwan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #11
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Programming for 94-95 concorde

[quote=jawildey]Please forgive my ignorance as I'm not real familiar with terminology; but what is the Upper Center Bezel on an Intrepid? If you still have the pics that would be great.

Thanks.

Quote:
The Center Bezel is the area of the dash that is just to the right of the steering column, where the "Trac Cont On/Off" Rocker Switch and the A/C Center Vents are located, this is clipped to the dash and should be fairly easy to remove by pulling straight out towards you.

NOTE: Vehicles equipped with the 3.3 Liter Engine are not equipped with Traction Control and the Rocker Switch is not there but there is an indentation where it would be if it was equipped, the harness connection is still located there and is plugged into a dummy receptacle behind the bezel.
AWP9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #12
obiwan1129
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Programming for 94-95-96 concorde

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1129
Ok. Attempted the directions here and now have major problems. I have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L V6. I performed the following steps.

1. Grounded the #1 wire on the dataport under my steering wheel.
2. Got in the car and turned the ignition to the on position.
3. Nothing happened the power locks did not cycle at all.
4. I tried to click on the keyless entry to no avail.
5. I removed the grounded wire to find that the radio, power locks and my interior dome light all do not work. Further now whenever I start the car, the heat automatically turns on.

So I checked the following items:
1. The relay works. I switched it with the horn relay and it appears to be fine.
2. I checked the fuse for the power locks and that appears to be fine as well.
3. I pulled the ground off the battery thinking that might recycle any programming mode I might be stuck in.
4. I took the door apart and checked the power lock solenoid, there doesn't appear to be any voltage there.

I will be going through and check each fuse this afternoon but I am thinking there may be some need to reprogram somewhere. I'd like to take another crack at this, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

John

Think you might have misunderstood. I know about the center bezel. I am trying to figure out what happened when I performed the steps up above.
obiwan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #13
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Programming for 94-95-96 concorde

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1129
Think you might have misunderstood. I know about the center bezel. I am trying to figure out what happened when I performed the steps up above.
No missunderstanding, I was answering "jawildey's" question from several posts ago.

Go through all your fuses like you already stated, one or more of them might have blown. I think the Cig Lighter fuse is the one that supplies the power to the memory circuits for the Radio, HVAC, and Dome Lights. But it sounds like you blew more than one fuse if the Door Locks are not working either.
AWP9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #14
phatb0y
AF Newbie

hi my name is Phatb0y i have A 2004 CONCODE I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I JUST BOUGHT NEW KEYLESS REMOTES AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HOOK THEM UP
phatb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #15
jwcrim
AF Newbie

Trouble shooting Remote Keyless Receiver

I have a remote keyless receiver:

PN 04469340

It's on a 1993.

It stopped working. Remotes have the normal RF output but no reaction at receiver. I need some way to troubleshoot this and any ideas that may get it back on the air.

Is there some way it could have gotten unprogrammed?
Are there schematics? What voltages should the connectors show? etc.

Thanks.
jwcrim is offline   Reply With Quote