Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 01:44 PM   #16
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by wrxfl
joeb what the hell are you talking about that the rb26dett is the only factory tubo powered car that nissan makes. I will pretend i didn t read that since you seem to be a nissan fan. However go and learn more about nissan before you make silly comments like that. I can pesonally think of 4 factory turbo ca
rs right off the back of my mind.
Tell me which ones they are since Im still in the USA.

Maxima - NO
Altima- No
Frontier-Supercharged
Pathfinder- NO
Sentra-No
Xterra Supercharged.

Well I do know about the others but Im not talking about

the ones on Japan , I think I know what Im talking about....
Old 02-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #17
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4

Actually its a whole hell of a lot better then the Nissan. Believing otherwise indicates drugs or stupidity.
Your one of the few that thinks so........

What are you smokin?
Old 02-11-2002, 09:25 AM   #18
VeilsideVR4
AF Newbie

Comparing a Maxima to a VR4?? WTF are YOU smoking?? There is no comparison, VR4 is better on all counts.

Old 02-11-2002, 01:21 PM   #19
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Nissan is just better than mitsubishi, and the Maxima

doesnt look old like your car and has a better engine

and it has better everything exept your cars speed!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:30 PM   #20
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by joeB

Believe what you want. It doesnt make it true.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 02-12-2002, 01:30 AM   #21
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Im sure you have a great car man, and I like my car

also, so its all good...
Old 02-25-2002, 04:36 AM   #22
Thefreak
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Thefreak
Well I am a dealer so I ain't biased, I own multiple Mitsubishi stores along with 1 Nissan, 1 Mazda, 1 Subaru, 1 Hyundai, and sadly 1 Isuzu. If you go by what your saying joeB then actually that would make your Nissan the pussy. You see Mitsubishi stopped bringing turbo cars in the U.S. in 1999 when they stopped making the GSX and the VR4. On the other hand Nissan Supercharges two cars currently so aren't you being a little hypocritical? The maxima is a very nice car but it is going to be changed next year because it was on a 3 year life cycle for some reason. Although the Maxima has ALWAYS had great engines the styling has always left a little to be desired. The fact that you are comparing a Japanese supercar to a family sedan shows your immaturity. I'm glad that you like your Maxima though and thats all that really counts. Just don't come onto another forum and preach about your car. Its like me going to a Honda dealership and bragging how much our bottom line average is compared to theirs. Not only is it not productive(meaning its a waste of both of our times) but its just plain and simple stupid.
Old 02-25-2002, 03:06 PM   #23
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Thefreak
Well I am a dealer so I ain't biased, I own multiple Mitsubishi stores along with 1 Nissan, 1 Mazda, 1 Subaru, 1 Hyundai, and sadly 1 Isuzu. If you go by what your saying joeB then actually that would make your Nissan the pussy. You see Mitsubishi stopped bringing turbo cars in the U.S. in 1999 when they stopped making the GSX and the VR4. On the other hand Nissan Supercharges two cars currently so aren't you being a little hypocritical? The maxima is a very nice car but it is going to be changed next year because it was on a 3 year life cycle for some reason. Although the Maxima has ALWAYS had great engines the styling has always left a little to be desired. The fact that you are comparing a Japanese supercar to a family sedan shows your immaturity. I'm glad that you like your Maxima though and thats all that really counts. Just don't come onto another forum and preach about your car. Its like me going to a Honda dealership and bragging how much our bottom line average is compared to theirs. Not only is it not productive(meaning its a waste of both of our times) but its just plain and simple stupid.
Why would that make me immature for comparing the two? I dont

think so, I was more less saying that the 02 Maxima 6 speed has really

good speed for the money more less and its a sports sedan. So Nissan

wouldnt be the pussy just because you own several mitsubishi dealers

(if you do), anyway you are biased against Nissan by the way you are

talking. One more thing, that car is gone, the Maxima isnt, whats that

tell you? The styling is your own opionion about the Maxima too, that

doesnt make its syling so. I was comparing a car with no superchargers

either which the Maxima or Altima neither have. Nissan is alot better

than Mitsubishi ever though about being. Tell me what does Mitsubishi

make now that can handle a Maxima or new Altimas speed? Remeber

they are sport sedans not Town Cars. BRING IT!
Old 02-26-2002, 02:05 AM   #24
Thefreak
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by joeB

The fact that you are comparing a true sports car that could do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and a family sedan(albeit a very quick one) and consider it better in anything other than hauling people shows your immaturity. You claim one thing and then say something totally different the next.

You stated that you thought Mitsubishi's were pussy because they had turbo chargers in their cars. That would have been a fair statement had the very same company that you claim is superior not...But they did/do/and will continue to use those "pussy boy turbos" in addition to superchargers that I'm guessing you hold very highly due to the fact that you didn't bad mouth them.

Nissan makes great products both in the U.S. and in Japan. I would kill to have TURBO charged Silvias, and TURBO charged Skylines on my lot right now, but Nissan does not consider the Silvia a viable option at the present moment, and Skylines are going to go under the Infiniti brand name.

Like I said I own a Nissan dealership along with the others that I stated. Not once in my post did I bad mouth Nissan as it hurts my own pockets. Thats just plain stupid. I did question Nissans current direction as a Dealer who has invested my own money and time I have a right to question the current direction that they have taken. They have brought us some good products to sell but I don't think the new Z is the car they think they have and the Maxima has continued to lose market share since the previous model. This has nothing to do with performance but with sales, and I am smart enough to be able to differentiate between the two, unlike you who has claimed that the reason the 3000 GT production stopped was because of poor performance. The reason the 3000 GT and other Japanese supercars failed in the U.S. was because 1 they cost too damn much, 2 although somewhat reliable they weren't made to last like say an Accord or Galant are, 3 when they broke down the parts had to be shipped from Japan and the prices were astronomical, 4 probably the biggest reason that supercars were killed was that the market just had to little demand to justify losing so much money on the damn things. The market went SUV crazy and dealers are a fickle group most of my fellow dealers said screw the sports cars bring us something thats HOT. So the rest is history. I have been pushing Mitsubishi to bring us some hot cars for 7 years now and they finally listened with the announcement of the EVO. I bought our Subaru store 4 years ago and bugged them until they brought us the WRX. I just purchased a Nissan and also a Mazda store(actually the deal is not final on the Nissan store) so I have no influence with those manufacturers yet, but rest assured I will be pushing for enthusiast vehicles as much as I can.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #25
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Freak, whatever you said, in that whole letter, is fine, if I affended you

over saying that the Mits was a pussy turbo car, Ill take it back, I was

just trying to help out bobo cause he was getting stomped on for asking

a question. . I dont care whats better or not , I just think that Nissan makes a better brand than Mits, doesnt really mean so, but I

like everything, like GM, Camaros Firebirds, and I (dare say) Mitsubishi

Eclipse. , , which with some past experience with mits which didnt

last as long as our Nissan or Toyotas did, but maybe Mits is up and better at a few things now. I would like to see more perfmance cars

too from japan....to bad they are just about gone though.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:31 AM   #26
Thefreak
AF Newbie

Actually the word on the street from buddies of mine who have other franchises is that sports cars are coming back strong.

P.S. I didn't take offense to what you said, I just thought I should chime in with what I thought was fair. Like I said earlier Mitsubishi/Nissan it don't matter to me. They both put money in my pocket. :sun:
Old 02-26-2002, 02:33 AM   #27
joeB
AF Enthusiast

One more thing Im wasnt being immature, about it your guy started

the bashing in here, . One thing here what I was talking about in the

turbo mitsubishi is that it had to have turbos to make it fast...got that?

The reason I didnt say anything about the supercharged nissans is that

they are in trucks, either way they are not fast, nor not inteded to be.

I was pointing out that Nissan right now dont have any turbos, Maxima,

Altima, to provide their good performance. Dont tell me Im being

immature either cause your the one that brought it back up when I tryed

to close it. These forums are for stating our opinions so I think Ill put

what I what to at the time, and Dont be immature yourself, your not

making any sence saying Im immature for comparing two cars in speed.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:36 AM   #28
joeB
AF Enthusiast

we cool now?
Old 02-26-2002, 02:39 AM   #29
joeB
AF Enthusiast

I hope your right about the sports cars, Ill be in line to buy which one
comes first!
Old 02-27-2002, 12:50 AM   #30
superccs
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to superccs
O P I N I O N S

I also could argue that my "72 chevy 1/2 ton could smoke all of you including mr Maxima in a 1/4 mile race anyday of the week.

even if i gave supporting evidence like... my steering wheel goes straighter then most Nissans, I have a Type-R imprint on my front bumper(from the last honda i hit), or that there are 8 cylinders with about 3 imports worths or cubes in them....

but that doesnt mean squack

so stop making fucking journals in this thread

just say "Yes" or "No" and a breif explanation or just a simple "Oh Yeah!?!"

I want an Evo VII