Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
andrew59it
AF Regular

Re: Yamaha YZF750 Tech 21 Fujimi

Finally I decided to adjust thet left corner on the fairing which is wrong....
Before....

after.....

Than I installed the engine into the frame. The frame is glued only in the aft side to be able to enlarge it . So is the turn of the swingarm....

some details painted on the frame like the rear brake reservoir...

There is a gap on the lower part of the frame with the engine support. Probably some putty will fix it...

andrew59it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
andrew59it
AF Regular

Spent about 45 minutes to open the front air vent.... I think now is more realistic...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
evilduse
AF Newbie

Looking good! Making me want to get started on the one in my stack of stuff. Top quality work you are doing there.
evilduse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evilduse For This Useful Post:
andrew59it (05-27-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
The Sheene Machine
AF Enthusiast

I like what I'm seeing here.....subscribed.
The Sheene Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Nice attention to detail Andrew
You have quite some patience to do such things
I'm a fan of your work
Keep the updates coming on this one
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
andrew59it
AF Regular

Thank you John....
Some progress:
sanding and putty the air intakes more than one time....I don't like to putty, probably my techinque is not correct...
This is not the final picture, now the gap is not more visible

Then the rear caliper. I have no reference about the brake line so I decided to place it outside of the caliper on the left side, as on the right side interferes with the whell spokes.... Like an Honda RC30. So I placed a small disk on the old hole and made a new one on the left side.

The way fujimi fix the whell on its axle is fantastic.... I'm not able to explain it in good english but in a few words the wheel stey in place because of the disk which is inside the caliper, but everything move so I will glue the wheel in place with some attack.

Some decals on the tail... 3 on 4 are good but one need a touch up with the airbrush as the black doesn't match the lavander.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Andrew the swing arm looks good and the brake line should be on the left side if I remember the YZF used a modified Honda swing arm like the RC30. The panels look good with the lavender paint
John
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
andrew59it
AF Regular

Help needed.....
I have plugged the brake line but it does not satisfy me....
it's too close to the chain. I don't see another way to place it.
Any suggestion?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #24
evilduse
AF Newbie

I think John18d is right. I bought the Racer magazine in preparation for when I build my kit and I don't see any similarity to the swing arm/brake rotor set up Fujimi has moulded in their kit. Maybe a different version that doesn't show up in my book. In all the pics I have the brake line runs down the opposite side to the chain and connects on the outside of the caliper which is very different to what Fujimi has done in your pics. Do you want me to scan some of these pics and send them to you or do you already have reference pics?
DJ
Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Evilduse - the Tech21 Yamaha that is in the "Racers" magazine is the 1985 FZR750. The one Andrew is building is the 1987 YZF750 - they are different models but as I stated the swing arm I believe came from either a Honda RC30 or the Honda 650 Hawk USA models. Many of the endurance racers at the time here in the USA used the more available Honda Hawk650 swingarm which I believe was the RC31 USA model - it was a single sided swing arm twin cylinder 650cc Bike - they were widely available here in the USA and many racers adapted the swingarms into other bikes for faster wheel changes in longer endurance races - namely the WERA endurance series and the Daytona 200. The Tech21 YZF750 of 1987 was used at Suzuka with such a modification
Andrew I think a little more restraint of the brake line will keep the line from making contact with the wheel - Like I mentioned before I would look at pictures of the RC30 to get ideas about the rear brake line configuration - they should be similar in form and function. Also Andrew the black tubing you are using for the rear brake line is too large a diameter for the scale of the bike
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilduse View Post
I think John18d is right. I bought the Racer magazine in preparation for when I build my kit and I don't see any similarity to the swing arm/brake rotor set up Fujimi has moulded in their kit. Maybe a different version that doesn't show up in my book. In all the pics I have the brake line runs down the opposite side to the chain and connects on the outside of the caliper which is very different to what Fujimi has done in your pics. Do you want me to scan some of these pics and send them to you or do you already have reference pics?
DJ
Old 06-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #26
andrew59it
AF Regular

Thank to all, the brake line is fujimi one and it's thinner than tamiya.... usually for brake line we use the tamiya tube so I thought the fujimi one was right....
There ia also another mistake on the kit look at the pictures....
Old 06-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #27
andrew59it
AF Regular

Attached Images
File Type: jpg prova1.jpg (131.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #28
andrew59it
AF Regular

cannot place 2 picture together.... don't know why.....
Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #29
evilduse
AF Newbie

Oh! Thanks for the correction John18d. Had me worried for a second. I didn't know Fujimi made more than one version of this bike. Had to run to the closet and see what mine was. Thought I had either wasted my money on the Racer magazine or andrew was doing some SERIOUS scratchbuilding to make his own swing arm assembly, etc!!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Thats okay many people get confused with the two bikes - Fujimi has done both the 1985 and the 1987 bikes - Yamaha got away from the FZR line with the exception of the USA YZR750RR which was the OW01 and went to the newer more cheaper to produce YZF line - these were the nomeclature of the USA models, I'm not sure what they were called in other countries.
Andrew - with regards to the diameter of the rear brake line - don't sweat it - I only mentioned it because your builds of scale replicas are usually so detailed and perfect when finished. You don't have to change it I was only commenting before someone else mentioned it.
I'm still a big fan of your work and I have learned a lot from following your threads.
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilduse View Post
Oh! Thanks for the correction John18d. Had me worried for a second. I didn't know Fujimi made more than one version of this bike. Had to run to the closet and see what mine was. Thought I had either wasted my money on the Racer magazine or andrew was doing some SERIOUS scratchbuilding to make his own swing arm assembly, etc!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes