Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
obadran
AF Newbie

MAF sensor question

In another attempt to figure out what is going on and after reading a post that exactly matches my problem, I wondering if my MAF sensor is bad eventhough I'm not getting any fault codes related to the MAF.

I tried a hard accel with the MAF sensor connected and then tried a hard accel with the MAF sensor disconnected. I didn't notice any noticeable difference in performance...aka poor accelaration power.

I tried the same test on my wifes car (Nissan Sentra) if this is a fair comparison. With the MAF sensor disconnected, there was a noticeable difference in performance or I should say a severe lack of performance.

Even though the MAF is not setting any codes, could the fact that my truck behaves the same way with or without the MAF connected mean the MAF is bad.

Thanks.
obadran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
drdd
AF Enthusiast

Re: MAF sensor question

have you tried cleaning the MAF and its wire "filaments" with Throttle Body cleaner and a Q-Tip?

describe your symptoms more ...

year of truck?

ever tuned it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadran
In another attempt to figure out what is going on and after reading a post that exactly matches my problem, I wondering if my MAF sensor is bad eventhough I'm not getting any fault codes related to the MAF.

I tried a hard accel with the MAF sensor connected and then tried a hard accel with the MAF sensor disconnected. I didn't notice any noticeable difference in performance...aka poor accelaration power.

I tried the same test on my wifes car (Nissan Sentra) if this is a fair comparison. With the MAF sensor disconnected, there was a noticeable difference in performance or I should say a severe lack of performance.

Even though the MAF is not setting any codes, could the fact that my truck behaves the same way with or without the MAF connected mean the MAF is bad.

Thanks.
drdd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon