Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #1
BRUCEDU
AF Newbie

1992 tracker

I have a 92 tracker that will not start unless I squirt gas into the throttle body, when I do that it will start and run fine, also there is alot of fast clicking coming from under the dash, drivers side by fuse box. any ideas?
BRUCEDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:26 AM   #2
jellison
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 tracker

My 92 Tracker had the exact same problem.The very expensive repair included an ignition and ecm module! I believe the fast clicking was the fuel pump relay. What did you find with your tracker ?
jellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #3
BMXMom
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1992 tracker

How expensive???? My son is looking to buy a 91 Tracker 4X4 that appears in great shape, 72000 original miles, but the owner (a friend of ours) has to spray a little ether before it will start. This trick doesn't help in cold weather. I drove it earlier and it runs great. The price is $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellison
My 92 Tracker had the exact same problem.The very expensive repair included an ignition and ecm module! I believe the fast clicking was the fuel pump relay. What did you find with your tracker ?
BMXMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
jellison
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 1992 tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXMom
How expensive???? My son is looking to buy a 91 Tracker 4X4 that appears in great shape, 72000 original miles, but the owner (a friend of ours) has to spray a little ether before it will start. This trick doesn't help in cold weather. I drove it earlier and it runs great. The price is $500.
The cost of repair in canadian dollars was 1360.00 however this included an ignition switch $250 and an ecm module $500 rebuilt as well as a lot of labour costs diagnosing the problem. I believe the problem was the ecm module which I have seen on the net (autoecms) for $250 us. If you know a GOOD mechanic they should be able to confirm your problem
jellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #5
BMXMom
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 1992 tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXMom
We haven't bought it yet, but it is at our mechanics right now. Hopefully it's not too expensive. Thanks for your help!
BMXMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #6
crawfora
AF Newbie

I've seen a lot of these ecm's on eBay for a little over $100.
crawfora is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion