Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
gwheaton
AF Newbie

1991 Geo Tracker Not Starting

Ok, here goes.

When you turn the key, it turns over, but no start. I have read about the ECM problem that the part that controls the injector goes bad, I did some testing, but does not seem to be the problem and here is way I feel this way.

I got the housing off the Injector and pourd a small amount of gas into the intake, Tried to start the car and it fired and started running. And it kept running. I could push the gas and rev the engine. and I let it run for over 20 minutes with out a problem and even took it around the block.

I shut it off and tried to restart, it started backup, but ran rough and then engine speed would go up and down on it's own. So I shut it back off and waited for about an hour. Tried starting it again and nothing, so I poured a little more gas in to the intake and it started up again and ran no problem.

The check engine light was on both times it was running, but when I tried to check the code, it just came back that there were no codes stored.

Any Ideas what I should check or what might be the cause of this?

Thanks

Gordon
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
BMXMom
AF Newbie

91 Tracker won't start

My son is buying a Tracker. Our friend that is selling it to us said that it quit starting unless he sprayed a small shot of ether in it. This trick works only when it is warm out.

It is at our mechanic's now. He replaced the fuel pump, because it was not working properly. He also replaced a relay. half the time he can get it to start ands when it will not, because the relay goes crazy.

The engine light is on.

When it does start, it runs good.

Help!

Please email me at budbus1@cox.net

Thanks!
BMXMom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion