Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #151
the blur
AF Enthusiast

I have the factory nav factory installed in my denali. there are plenty of times the nav systems gets lost.... or doesn't know where I am.
the blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #152
gable74
AF Regular

well, when i installed my GPS antenna i did not put it in a stock location. Maybe thats why i get better reception, i dont know. Sure, i mean for Gods sake if your in a concrete tunnel, your NOT going to get a signal, but in dense forest, fog, even inside my garage sometimes i get a signal. Maybe im just an anomoly. Jeepguy, send me an E-mail to "gable74@hotmail.com" and i will get you the literature you need to finalize your hookup. I was having some E-mail issues last week, but it seems to be fine now....so shoot me an e-mail and we will get you str8.
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #153
johnjhr1700
AF Newbie

2002 GMC XL Denali NAV ??????

I'm been looking into getting a NAV system for my 2002 XL Denali...Here's the question, Can I upgrade my radio system to the GMC Integrated Nav Radio?

Thanks,

johnjhr1700@cs.com
johnjhr1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:17 AM   #154
Vintalage
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Vintalage Send a message via MSN to Vintalage
Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

2003+ Yukons only.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:26 AM   #155
pacethis
AF Regular

Re: 2002 GMC XL Denali NAV ??????

Hi all,

I've decided to put out the parts on eBay. If you want any of them, just bid. I'll give free shipping if a forum members wins any of them.

These parts might come in handy if you're planning on doing the nav install...many people run into problems with the stock amp and need to change to the new style. Get it here much cheaper!

Amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38653

Wiring Harness
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43948

CD Changer

Microphone
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38653

Rear Audio Controls
pacethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:51 AM   #156
drkjr2
AF Newbie

I just wanted to say thanks for all the accurate information that I've found reading these posts. I have a '03 Sierra Denali with the factory Bose, steering wheel controls, rds, remote cd, onstar, and xm radio. I bought everything on Ebay except the antenna which I had to order from the dealer. I took the head unit to the dealer that I installed in my vehicle and they could not unlock it the first time. Then after providing a vin from a 04 Escalade which was equiped with the navigation, they quickey unlocked the head unit and everything works perfectly. I only have one question. Where do I mount the gps antenna? Now I know that the '03 Sierra Denali truck never had the option for this navigation sysytem, but the Denali Suv had that option in '04 which uses the exact same dash. I can't find anyone at the dealer that knows where to mount it and they will not let me take one of their new Suv's apart to see how it is mounted, at least I asked and they laughed? The antenna bracket looks like it will rest on something but I can't see anywhere to mount it. For now it's just sitting on the top of my dash to get a location. Does anyone have a picture of the mounted antenna? Just to let everyone know, I tried to order the antenna from Gmparts online and a few days later they rejected my order. I did what I read in one of the posts by providing a vin from a vehicle know to have the navigation system in it. Gm now has a new part # for this GPS antenna module is 15135178. It took only five days to get a new one, but I had to pay full retail of $90.50

Last edited by drkjr2; 05-18-2004 at 08:00 AM.
drkjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:51 PM   #157
kmoe
AF Newbie

I am selling my factory Delphi radio (15184933) that I replaced with a navigation radio if anyone is interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2479877476
kmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:24 PM   #158
jeepguy44
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jeepguy44
My Nav Unit is workin great (thanks Gable74) Im just trying to add the GM CD Changer. How did you connect it? I have the Aux Harness and the correct changer, but I cant get it to work. Thanks
Old 06-06-2004, 07:16 AM   #159
centuryexpress
AF Newbie

well, i changed to a nav head and changed the amp, and still no sound, apparently harness changes are needed, if anyone can help, i would appreciate it!!
centuryexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #160
juanee
AF Newbie

I am selling an Bose amp on Ebay if anyone is interested in one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
juanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #161
centuryexpress
AF Newbie

just a note to anyone reading this,, if your going to try to do this in a silverado,, dont buy a brand new amp! you need one that is programmed, just in case this is not ridiculous enough already!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:15 PM   #162
sjb
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by centuryexpress
just a note to anyone reading this,, if your going to try to do this in a silverado,, dont buy a brand new amp! you need one that is programmed, just in case this is not ridiculous enough already!
Do you mean that an existing amp that doesn't seem to work, can be re-programmed to work? I'm at the point where I have the navigation unit installed, and am having the typical audio issues that several here have written about.
sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 PM   #163
centuryexpress
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
Do you mean that an existing amp that doesn't seem to work, can be re-programmed to work? I'm at the point where I have the navigation unit installed, and am having the typical audio issues that several here have written about.
Well, my latest understanding is that it not only has to be the upgrade amp, but has to have been used with a radio or nav unit that would be used with that amp, i guess if you are putting it in the type of vehicle that would use it you wont have the problem. if you are doing the rewire job for a vehicle that wouldnt, you have to have a lux amp that had already been in a vehicle,, i can tell you i wish at this point i did not even start this project, for the money i tossed so far, i could have put in the top of the line alpine, and not had any of these problems,, cest la vie.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #164
centuryexpress
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by centuryexpress
Well, my latest understanding is that it not only has to be the upgrade amp, but has to have been used with a radio or nav unit that would be used with that amp, i guess if you are putting it in the type of vehicle that would use it you wont have the problem. if you are doing the rewire job for a vehicle that wouldnt, you have to have a lux amp that had already been in a vehicle,, i can tell you i wish at this point i did not even start this project, for the money i tossed so far, i could have put in the top of the line alpine, and not had any of these problems,, cest la vie.
In other words, if that was not clear, if you have the wrong amp, it wont work at all, and if you buy the lux amp, brand new,, guess what? it might still not work! but supposedly and its a big if,, if you buy the lux amp and it has been ina vehicle,, then it will work, oy vey.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:51 PM   #165
gunjankakani
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2003 Yukon Denali Navigation Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintalage
The main harness that provides power to the nav unit.
Hi,

Can you post all the wiring harness schemes please? That would be really helpful.

Thanks,
GC
gunjankakani is offline   Reply With Quote