Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Witty690
AF Newbie

Wrecked?

Well, I got in an accident today. Details aren't necessary. I hit the back of my friend's pickup doing maybe 20 in my 93 cougar. I lost traction, roads were wet, and hit him. I just need some advice or input as to what to do.

My friend's pickup has no scratch dings or scuffs anywhere. My cougar didn't fare so well. His bumper smashed my headlights and grille. They shattered and the grille is somewhere betwenn the grill and the radiator. My hood creased in the middle and the front of the hood is pushed about a foot and a half back. My radiator looks like it might be messed up. I can't get a good look at the engine bay because the hood won't open. The car still runs and drives, but there is loud clicking from inside the engine bay. I think the fan might be hitting something.

Bascially, I want to know what I should do. I am not getting it fixed, costs are not worth it. Selling it in its current condition is impossible, and I can't fix it myself. I think I might part out as much as possible, and then sell the rest for scrap, and then put the money towards a new car. How much money do you think I could make parting out the car? What are some things to part out? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Life SUCKS
Witty690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
dave92cherokee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wrecked?

You won't get much parting it out unless you sell to individual people as junkyard's don't buy parts they buy entire vehicles and part them out theirselves. The most you would be able to get from the vehicle if it was fixed would be 1800 and that's excellent condition. If the engine and tranny are still sound and in good condition then you could sell the engine for prolly 750 and the tranny for maybe around the same then part out the interior. The whole interior would bring you around 300 maybe and then after it's gutted call one of the people that usually advertise in the paper that they buy wrecked cars as they just recycle the metal and they might give you about 100 for the shell of the car.
dave92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics