Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
galea_joe
AF Newbie

99 Ram Heat Problem

Ive had this truck for a year now. When I bought the truck the heat never worked. I immediately had to have the heater core replaced due to a leak. I had a shop put this in because I didnt feel like tearing the dash apart in the middle of winter. But unfortunately the heat doesnt heat up quickly and when it does heat up the heat doesnt seem to blow out that hot, especially when I have the blower up to the highest setting. This past weekend I changed the thermostat thinking that the water might be blowing by the thermostat not allowing the motor to heat the coolent in the engine thus taking a long time for the heater to warm up. I must admit it does seem to heat up quicker, but it still takes approx 7-8 minutes for the engine to get warm while driving. I havent tested this just idling. Before the thermostat change you might as well forget it thinking you were going to get heat, I waited for a train for 40 minutes on Friday and the engine never warmed up, but like i said I havent tried this since the thermostat change.

The big questions I got are

1. What can I do to get this truck to heat up quicker?

2. Why is it when I have the blower on High the heat doesnt blow hot with intensity? It almost seems like the heat is getting cooled off before it gets to me!

One more thing, the blend door actuator also got changed during the change of the heater core.

Any help would be appreciated, its getting cold!
galea_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
anelson1995
AF Newbie

Re: 99 Ram Heat Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by galea_joe
Ive had this truck for a year now. When I bought the truck the heat never worked. I immediately had to have the heater core replaced due to a leak. I had a shop put this in because I didnt feel like tearing the dash apart in the middle of winter. But unfortunately the heat doesnt heat up quickly and when it does heat up the heat doesnt seem to blow out that hot, especially when I have the blower up to the highest setting. This past weekend I changed the thermostat thinking that the water might be blowing by the thermostat not allowing the motor to heat the coolent in the engine thus taking a long time for the heater to warm up. I must admit it does seem to heat up quicker, but it still takes approx 7-8 minutes for the engine to get warm while driving. I havent tested this just idling. Before the thermostat change you might as well forget it thinking you were going to get heat, I waited for a train for 40 minutes on Friday and the engine never warmed up, but like i said I havent tried this since the thermostat change.

The big questions I got are

1. What can I do to get this truck to heat up quicker?

2. Why is it when I have the blower on High the heat doesnt blow hot with intensity? It almost seems like the heat is getting cooled off before it gets to me!

One more thing, the blend door actuator also got changed during the change of the heater core.

Any help would be appreciated, its getting cold!

I'm curious on this one too. Almost a mirror image. System flushed, coolant good, no blockage, new thermostat, no leaks with heater core.
anelson1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

What engine do you have?
neon_rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
galea_joe
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 99 Ram Heat Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_rt
What engine do you have?
5.2L
galea_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
forest
AF Newbie

i just posted the same type of problem. anybody can help with this please? i have been hearing that the vacume hoses for the heat control may have a leak, and to check that out. (which i will do this weekend)
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 AM   #6
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

I would check vaccum lines. When i start my truck(remote start) i usually let it warm up for about 15 minutes at idle before i go outside. It has yet to NOT be warm when i do this. Same with my 99, just had the heater core replaced and all was good.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10