Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
eck1039
AF Newbie

Question 02 Ram alarm question

i got a weird problem. every once in a while the factory alarm (ya know, the thing that goes off when you hit the panic button on the key clicker) just randomly cranks up and decides to start honking the horn and flashing the lights. it's really awesome when it happens at 3 in the morning and wakes up the neighborhood. I don't know if it's electrical interference or just some bug in the truck or what. Anyone else experience this?
eck1039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
scotp
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 and experienced similar events until the dealership dialed in the alarm. Apparently it was too sensitive. It would go off for stereos, exhaust systems, and once when my wife brushed against it in the garage. Cute at first, but got old quickly.
scotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
wildthingtlc
AF Newbie

Unhappy weirder alarm problem

I have an 02 Ram. I bought it used, so I didn't get the remote entry keyfob, and I don't think it has a security alarm. As I was driving home today the horn began sounding intermittently and the headlights began flashing! Note that I was DRIVING with the ENGINE RUNNING! I stopped the truck, turned off the key, flipped off the lights ... everything I could think of! It wouldn't stop! I drove another mile, through my neighborhood and into my driveway. Finally, when I opened the door, the horn stopped blowing, but the lights still were flashing. I checked the hazards -- not on. I turned off the ignition and lights. Lights still were flashing. After several minutes, I finally unplugged the battery. My manual says that this is the panic alarm, which sounds when the "Panic" button on the remote entry keyfob (that I don't have) is pressed. The manual also says it will stop after 3 minutes, or when the ignition is turned on and the truck exceeds 15 mph, which it did not. Is it possessed?
wildthingtlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 AM   #4
eck1039
AF Newbie

Re: weirder alarm problem

weird that you mention that b/c i was at a reataurant a few days ago and i saw a guy with the same exact problem you describe. he had a ram, not sure of the year, but he was driving out of the parking lot and the horn started honking, lights started flashing, etc. This happened WHILE HE WAS DRIVING. i thought it was extremely weird. mine hasn't done that (yet) but if it does i'd seriously head to the dealer and proceed to become a 'squeaky wheel.' I got my 02 used also, but it was from a chrysler/jeep dealer. Also, if you park it unlocked, the alarm/panic alarm won't go off. you may get your ride swiped, but at least the thief will have to fight thru the alarm problem and not you...and the ins company will pay for the loan...
eck1039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
1thunder
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 Ram alarm question

check with the dealer there is a flash to install in the front control modual
1thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
wildthingtlc
AF Newbie

Re: Re: weirder alarm problem

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with a possessed Ram!
I probably will take it to the dealer and have it checked out ... This is the first problem I've had, and with all the bad press Rams have gotten for transmissions, etc. I think I can handle this one!
wildthingtlc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10