Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
tr10av
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tr10av
Wiring my strobe lights into my fog lights

I have an aftermarket set up fog lights on my front bumper. They are wired to a 3 prong switch. Red wire is hooked up to my +12V wire on my CD player(with a in-line fuse), white wire is from fog lights to middle prong, and last prong is connected to a ground.

I recently bought these off ebay-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLIC...QQcmdZViewItem
(You can see the wiring diagram near the bottom of the picture.

My question is: How can I hook these up to my fog lights so that my fog lights can be on and not flashing while driving, and while I'm sitting there I can flick a switch and turn on the strobe function?

The module has 3 wires:red, for power; green, for strobe action; and black, for ground.

I was thinking I could wire the green from the module to the middle of my white fog light wire, my red to a power source, and black to a ground. Then when I just wanted the lights on I could flip my fog light switch and turn them on. Then when I wanted the strobes on I could turn off that switch and turn on my strobe switch. Does that seem like it would work?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hifonics TXi 6406 Bridged to 2 Channels
VR3 CD/MP3 Player
COMING SOON:
Component Set
Amp for components
tr10av is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics