Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #16
xx BMW xx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xx BMW xx Send a message via MSN to xx BMW xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx BMW xx
Dont BMW's have Free Maintenence?

I also bought a BMW 530i (2004) and im from Nj and mine came with free maintenence and bumper to bumper. Did you go to the dealership with this problem??
xx BMW xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 PM   #17
Presley348
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Presley348 Send a message via AIM to Presley348 Send a message via Yahoo to Presley348
Re: Dont BMW's have Free Maintenence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx BMW xx
I also bought a BMW 530i (2004) and im from Nj and mine came with free maintenence and bumper to bumper. Did you go to the dealership with this problem??
=================================================

Hi xx BMW xx:

Thanks for your reply, and yes I am aware of the bumper-to-bumper BMW maintenance plan, which includes the free synthetic oil changes for the first 50,000 miles,

But why for the long 15,000 miles intervals between the free oil and filter changes for?

Now I know people say the synthetic oils are the "latest and greatest"
and are supposed to be good, and I know Castrol Oil is good, but is it 15,000 miles good?

I am not going to risk my new 2004 530i, and wait every 15,000 miles for the FREE oil change, to find out for BMW and Castrol if it that good or not? I will make sure my 530i oil and filter is changed every 7,500 miles

That is why I am shopping around the www searching for the cheapest price for a simple BMW Oil & Filter change for my new 04 530i. I do know the BMW dealerships here in Georgia consider the 2004 BMW 530i Oil & Filter Change such an intense "hi-tech Chris Bangle" procedure that will involve resetting the iDrive on every oil change.

In fact the Service manager where I purchase my 04 530i, tried his best to convince me, there is so much to an 04 BMW Oil & Filter change and tire balancing, and he went on to say, not just my 04 530i, but on all later year model BMWs. You know his sales pitch reminded me as if an 04 BMW oil change is the next thing to "brain surgery", (LOL), but we all know its not! It is hard for me to understand why some BMW dealers are charging around $180.00 to $300.00 a pop for a BMW oil and filters change, and while some others only charge $79.00 for the very same thing?

Now I am told that all Kaufman Tire companies here in Atlanta, GA that's charging $75.00 + TAX, for the synthetic Castrol and up to nine quarts on any year model BMW.

And unless the BMW dealership where I purchase my new 2004 530i Bimmer is willing to match that great BMW price at Motorwerks BMW of $79.00, I will be a "Turncoat" (LOL), and get most all my synthetic Castrol oil and filters changed at Kaufman tire for $75.00!

At this time l only know of just one official BMW dealer here in the USA that performs BMW Synthetic Oil Changes for just: $79.00!

I first learned of this great BMW Synthetic Oil Change price, etc. by "NTB" who is another BMW owner and BMW forum member. Thanks NTB!

By the way, for the ones interested in what the name is of the BMW dealership that has great prices for BMW services, it is: "Motorwerks BMW" and is located in Minnesota. Their website address: http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/.

If anyone here at the BMW forum knows of any other BMW dealers here in GA or the USA that charges under $100.00 for a BMW/Castrol HP synthetic oil and filter change, and let the us know here at the BMW forum.

Sincerely,
Presley348

Last edited by Presley348; 07-07-2004 at 08:54 AM.
Presley348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:56 PM   #18
Presley348
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Presley348 Send a message via AIM to Presley348 Send a message via Yahoo to Presley348
Re: Re: Dont BMW's have Free Maintenence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley348
=================================================

Hi xx BMW xx:

Thanks for your reply, and yes I am aware of the bumper-to-bumper BMW maintenance plan, which includes the free synthetic oil changes for the first 50,000 miles,

But why for the long 15,000 miles intervals between the free oil and filter changes for?

Now I know people say the synthetic oils are the "latest and greatest"
and are supposed to be good, and I know Castrol Oil is good, but is it 15,000 miles good?

I am not going to risk my new 2004 530i, and wait every 15,000 miles for the FREE oil change, to find out for BMW and Castrol if it that good or not? I will make sure my 530i oil and filter is changed every 7,500 miles

That is why I am shopping around the www searching for the cheapest price for a simple BMW Oil & Filter change for my new 04 530i. I do know the BMW dealerships here in Georgia consider the 2004 BMW 530i Oil & Filter Change such an intense "hi-tech Chris Bangle" procedure that will involve resetting the iDrive on every oil change.

In fact the Service manager where I purchase my 04 530i, tried his best to convince me, there is so much to an 04 BMW Oil & Filter change and tire balancing, and he went on to say, not just my 04 530i, but on all later year model BMWs. You know his sales pitch reminded me as if an 04 BMW oil change is the next thing to "brain surgery", (LOL), but we all know its not! It is hard for me to understand why some BMW dealers are charging around $180.00 to $300.00 a pop for a BMW oil and filters change, and while some others only charge $79.00 for the very same thing?

Now I am told that all Kaufman Tire companies here in Atlanta, GA that's charging $75.00 + TAX, for the synthetic Castrol and up to nine quarts on any year model BMW.

And unless the BMW dealership where I purchase my new 2004 530i Bimmer is willing to match that great BMW price at Motorwerks BMW of $79.00, I will be a "Turncoat" (LOL), and get most all my synthetic Castrol oil and filters changed at Kaufman tire for $75.00!

At this time l only know of just one official BMW dealer here in the USA that performs BMW Synthetic Oil Changes for just: $79.00!

I first learned of this great BMW Synthetic Oil Change price, etc. by "NTB" who is another BMW owner and BMW forum member. Thanks NTB!

By the way, for the ones interested in what the name is of the BMW dealership that has great prices for BMW services, it is: "Motorwerks BMW" and is located in Minnesota. Their website address: http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/.

If anyone here at the BMW forum knows of any other BMW dealers here in GA or the USA that charges under $100.00 for a BMW/Castrol HP synthetic oil and filter change, and let the us know here at the BMW forum.

Sincerely,
Presley348
================================================== ==================
For the ones here the BMW forum who has been following the true BMW 2004 530i oil change story, that might be interested in the results:

Good News!

Now my BMW dealer just contacted me, and said they will change my BMW oil and Filter on my new 2004 530i for $69.00. (I was quickly reminded that I get a FREE Oil and Filter change paid by BMW USA at the scheduled service mileage dates for the first 50,000 Mlles).

You know, without the BMW owners here at the forum that gave me their honest advice and then sending me all the proof I would need to show my Atlanta area BMW dealer, I would had never got my them to do the right thing, and give me the great price they did $69.00!

I will save $110.00 - $230.00 on each of my future BMW Oil & Filter changes, and will not be forced to use Kaufman tire for my 04 BMW 530i oil changes. (Now Kaufman tire is one of the best nationwide tire company with competitive prices on all their services, but being a new BMW, I would prefer to stay with the BMW service dept.for all my oil and filter changes).

In conclusion: I want to thank NTB again, and all here at the BMW forum who took their own time and participated to send me their emails and postings that help me win out with this BMW price problem that I was having!

Sincerely,

Presley348

Last edited by Presley348; 07-07-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Presley348 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series