Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 01:27 PM   #1
Rob Hilmoe
AF Newbie

Question 93 Dodge Caravan electrical problems

I have a 93 Dodge Grand Caravan LE. A couple of days ago the gauges stopped working. No speedometer, tach, etc. The check gauges light is on. Another thing I've noticed is there is no warning chime if a door or the rear gate is open. One more thing, when I open the doors, the interior lights don't come on, but the do if you turn them on manually. It sounds like a grounding issue but where do you start looking?? The fuses are fine also. ??
Rob Hilmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 08:47 PM   #2
olds88
AF Enthusiast

YOU LOST YOUR BODY CONTROLER. IT CONTROLS YOUR CLUSTER,CHIMES, LIGHTS AND WIPERS I THINK I CANT REMEMBER ON THOSE IF THERE UNDER THE CENTER COUNSOL ARIA / OR BEHIND THE KNEE PANLE BUT IT WILL HAVE 2 FAIRLY LARGE CONECTORS ENTERING IT. MY ADVISE IS TO TAKE IT TO A DEALER WERE THEY HAVE ALL OF THE DIAG BOOKS.

BTW I CURENT WORK AT A CHRYSLER DEALER AND HAVE ENCOUTERED YOUR SAME SYMTOMS.

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
Rob Hilmoe
AF Newbie

Thanks

It's at the dealer now. They suspected a multifunction switch?? He told me that was the only place you can get the part. I couldn't find anything about a multifunction switch in my piece of crap manual.
Rob Hilmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:26 PM   #4
olds88
AF Enthusiast

hmmmmm i dont think a multifuntion switch would cause the problems you are having but any thing is possible

btw a multifuntion switch is the turnsingle arm/lights/cruse ect if equipped.

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #5
huricane
AF Newbie

Angry Dodge Caravan Cruise Ctrl Problem.

Hello World!
Ok here goes. I've just recently acquired an 92 Dodge Grand Caravan, 3.0 Litre Injected with an Auto 3 speed tranny. Has Air, Tilt, Cruise & apparently (who really cares) heated mirrors. The Owner of the Service shop who sold me the van has just recently bypassed the engine radiator fan because even tho the coolant temp sensor seems to function properly, the fan wouldn't come on when needed. He removed the proper relay from the driver side fender and ran a wire from the relay socket under the hood to the 30amp circuit in the fuse box that is labeled B / C (uppermost top left corner of the fuse box). In this manner the fan comes on whenever the Key is in the 'RUN' position. Problem is that since he fooled around in that area, the cruise control no longer operates. I've checked the 'speed control' fuse, the 4 pin connector under hood connected to the cruise ctrl servo as well as the vacuum lines and brake light switch and everything is physically & electrically fine. I've even removed the 5 amp 'speed ctrl' fuse from the fuse box to take a voltage reading and the circuit draws current when the cruise crtl on/off switch is set to 'on'. Anyone have a tip or can anyone point me to where I can get a detailed electronic schematic of this system? I would highly appreciate it! Thx! - Jack
huricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #6
huricane
AF Newbie

Exclamation Typo

Wow! New brand name: Didge... Apologies to Mopar. ;-)
huricane is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager