Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Journey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Nates.Mom
AF Newbie

Exclamation Electrical Problems

While driving or with the car in park with the engine running occasionally the dashboard light come on, the gauges go to 0 and the wipers turn on. None of the turn signals or other steering column functions work while this is happening, nor do the front windows work from the drivers door the rear windows do however. Started on Fri night, but only when the drivers door was open. Drove it to and from work on Saturday and it was fine, went to leave Saturday night and now it does it all the time. I have just over 38k miles on it. Also I have the remote start option on mine and if I use the remote start it will not do these things until I put the "key"/fob in and turn it to "ON".

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated... I'm taking it in tomorrow to have a wiring harness recall done and hoping that will fix it, but if there are ideas, I would like to be "armed" with them too.

Thanks!
Krystal
Nates.Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Re: Electrical Problems

sounds like the recall will fix it unless it's in the remote start your using but i wouldn't tell them that and see how the recall comes out.

good luck.......
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Nates.Mom
AF Newbie

Re: Electrical Problems

The remote start is the factory installed option from Dodge so I'm hoping that wouldn't be an issue.
Nates.Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nates.Mom For This Useful Post:
car555 (01-08-2013)