Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Vue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
madhatteras
AF Newbie

2008 VUE vibration at 55-60 MPH

Hello,

Need a little help with this issue. I have a 2008 Vue XE 2WD 4 cyl automatic. It rattles and vibrates with a high pitched sound at ranges between 50 -60 mph. It sounds like it is coming from the dashboard behind the radio or along the glove box. I replaced my front tires and that did nothing to improve it. I can feel the vibration all over the car. The car has poor sound dampening anyway but this is really annoying.

When I turn the wheel slightly to the left the sound goes away briefly and when I turn it to the right it does not go away. And i can feel it slightly in the steering wheel, a resistance or vibration of sorts.
Thanks for any assistance on this. The vehicle has 80,000 miles on it. Been a pretty solid compact SUV until now.
madhatteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2008 VUE vibration at 55-60 MPH

Sound to me like a noisy hub bearing. Most accurate way to find what side is to run the car in gear with the wheels off the ground. Using a stethoscope, touch the probe to the hub mount bolts, or on the knuckle and listen for the noisy bearing. With the miles, you may consider replacing both.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 2008 VUE vibration at 55-60 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatteras View Post
Hello,

Need a little help with this issue. I have a 2008 Vue XE 2WD 4 cyl automatic. It rattles and vibrates with a high pitched sound at ranges between 50 -60 mph. It sounds like it is coming from the dashboard behind the radio or along the glove box. I replaced my front tires and that did nothing to improve it. I can feel the vibration all over the car. The car has poor sound dampening anyway but this is really annoying.

When I turn the wheel slightly to the left the sound goes away briefly and when I turn it to the right it does not go away. And i can feel it slightly in the steering wheel, a resistance or vibration of sorts.
Thanks for any assistance on this. The vehicle has 80,000 miles on it. Been a pretty solid compact SUV until now.
Hi madhatteras,

We understand you're looking to make repairs yourself and seeking some assistance here on the forum. It sounds like you've already pinpointed some of the conditions where you encounter this steering noise, which is great. Although we can't technically advise, if you become interested in taking your Saturn into the dealership we would be happy to assist towards a solution. We're available via private message, or email at socialmedia@gm.com if interested.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Vue