Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > Cross Country/XC70/XC90
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
pj0924
AF Newbie

Angry Viscous coupler (AWD Transfer case?) burn out

Viscous coupler (aka AWD transfer case) on my 98 V70XC burned out after 120k. Interesting thing was that there were FOUR other XC in at SAME time for EXACTLY the same problem (all 80-120k). Coincidence? I doubt it. Am told Volvo knows clearly about problem (there is even a Technical Service Bulletin on it) but avoided it til cars out of warrantee. We have had every major service done at our Volvo dealer since 98 and NO ONE has ever even mentioned this problem. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Last edited by pj0924; 03-09-2005 at 03:23 PM.
pj0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
berniescout
AF Regular

last year i was looking for a used 4x4 was advised to stay away from any volvo 4x4 used by a dealer (volvo) for that reason we have a 99 v-70, before that a 850 wagon. maintaince wise both (were are) a "pos" drive wise both (are were) good cars. because of that advise I bought a blazer 97 a bad year but i feel better in it than the volvo's we have owned or leased 5 volvos over the years the 745 and 245 were the best the 855 was the worst. but my 97 blazer for my $$ beats them all
berniescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
bcolli02
AF Newbie

Just had the angle gear (as my service rep called it) replaced on my 2000 V70XC and it had only 76000 miles on it. Have you contacted Volvo Cars North America about it? What have you learned about it?
bcolli02 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > Cross Country/XC70/XC90