Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
swivelingchairguy
AF Newbie

How'd you do your woofers?

Hello, I'm from SoCal and I just bought a 2002 King cab Frontier-today actually. My last cars were eclipses and they both had plenty of space for subs but the space is smaller in the Frontier. If anyone has pictures or can explain how they did their subs I would really appreciate it.

http://members.cox.net/y2daren/cars/cars.htm
swivelingchairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
novadk
AF Newbie

The link is how I did mine, Its 2 10 inch but the spot where they go where 14X12 if I recall. Im gonna redo the box in the spring so that it doesnt look like a drop in, hey maybe try fiberglassing. http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/novadk/sysyem.JPG
novadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
swivelingchairguy
AF Newbie

novadk-

Looks great, do you mind if I ask how many watts you are running to those phatties?

http://members.cox.net/y2daren/cars/cars.htm
swivelingchairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
Nissan_Nismo
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Nissan_Nismo
Re: How'd you do your woofers?

ok i am stupid and maid another thread for subs, those look great but my situation is a little differant, I have a 99' frontier crew cab, four door and I would like to see someone do something great with that ammount of room.... good luck

Last edited by Nissan_Nismo; 05-03-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Nissan_Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
blackknight03
AF Newbie

I have a 2003 king cab and I made a custom box for mine and it houses a 10" fosgate punch He-2 and a 900w mono amp... my custom box is right behind the drivers seat and has the amp and xm tuner concealed and cooled. it's pretty slick actually and the sub fires down into the floor allowing it to sound deeper. because the box sits in the well on the drivers side of the cab I can still used my passenger side jump seat if I need to. And it's all hooked to the factory fosgate 6 disc changer and it sounds superb! I posted pics of my truck with the sub box on my gallery so check it out!

later
blackknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:58 AM   #6
Gavin Curtis
AF Premium User

Have a 2001 S/C Nissan frontier king cab.

Installed a JL audio 10" woofer with 3" tuned port to 24 Hz. The entire enclosure was made from fiberglass and installs using OEM locations to the back of the KingCab. The enclosure is flat (4" thick) and is the shape of a tapered "T" to allow both rear jump seats to function. Air volume is correct for JL driver, and the design does reproduce frequencies well into the subsonic region quite efficiently (lower than 22 Hz).... but windows have to be down for the extremely long wavelengths from the 3.5 foot tuned port to work!

Enclosure was upholstered with charcoal black leather and red stitching to match the seats. Front speakers are MB quart Q series and a JL audio 5/500 digital amplifier.

Picture of system is here for concept ideas:

http://www.jlaudio.com/Gallery/Insta...n=3&Veh_ID=246

I did save the mold for this complex stealth enclosure.. I don't know how much interest there would be for this product.
Gavin Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:44 PM   #7
blackknight03
AF Newbie

that's how mine is... I have to at least crack the windows when the sub hits low notes for it to sound right. that is one airtight cabin and doesn't do well with semi-loud bass.

Later,
blackknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
subdocmax
AF Newbie

You need to go to this site subsolutions.com thay have a fix for all the trucks and the ftss is made to fit behind the seat on the crew cab and this sub sounds like a 10'' or a 12'' sub thay might do a groop deal on this
subdocmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 PM   #9
Frontin'
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Frontin'
Re: How'd you do your woofers?

nissan nismo i have ur problem too, but i just got my cc today, so i havnt had time to check it out. but i have a tonneau cover on mine so im thinking about putting my subs in the bed but i dont know yet, hopfully this comming weekend ill get a chance to check it out, ill let ya know and take pics of what i come up wit.
Frontin' is offline   Reply With Quote