Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
Tervo
AF Regular

Peugeot 206 WRC 2003

First entry in the "Motorsports" -section

Started this a couple of days ago. Will be Marcus "Bosse" Gronholm's car from 2003 Rally Argentina. Kit is Tamiya's, additional decals from Reji Model. Unfortunately, although Tamiya has included two set of wheels, neither are the correct ones seen in the few photos of the race. Seems they where using wheels that are included in the 2002 kit. Can anybody confirm this? Or have more pictures of the car from Argentina?

Not much done, glued some parts to the body, puttied the seams, base coated, and painted the white and red (and corrected some over blow ) The red is Gravity Colors Rouge Vallelunga, which they offer for Peugeot and Citroen WRC-cars, difficult to get the color right in the photos.

Tervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: Peugeot 206 WRC 2003

Nice start ! perfect paint !!
Do you know that tamiya rear wing is inaccurate ?
if you expect a perfect accuracy you'll have to use the Renaissance TK including correct Dashboard and rear wing.
Also rims are false because 2003 kit is tarmac version and Argentina is gravel, so the whole suspension has to be changed.
best is to combine 2002 NZ kit and 2003 kit adding Renaissance TK...! yes I know it's much !!

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rallymaster For This Useful Post:
Tervo (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Tervo
AF Regular

Thanks, rallymaster. Too much for an retired IT consultant, I'm afraid! So, this will be a half-way build

Last edited by Tervo; 03-15-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Don't worry I'm probably the only who knows
Your build is great !
My favorite driver I met several times. The livery and the rally choice is great. This will be a great model !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervo View Post
Thanks, rallymaster. Too much for an retired IT consultant, I'm afraid! So, this will be a half-way build

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Rickard_Olsson
AF Enthusiast

Looks really nice and crisp! Keep it up
Old 03-16-2018, 06:51 AM   #6
freakray
AF Modelrater

Phil is 100% correct, the Tamiya kit isn't 100% accurate. In fact, Tamiya's Rally NZ 206 doesn't have the correct rear wing for Rally NZ either. The Renaissance transkit is still readily available though if you feel inspired.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
Stubeck
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray View Post
Phil is 100% correct, the Tamiya kit isn't 100% accurate. In fact, Tamiya's Rally NZ 206 doesn't have the correct rear wing for Rally NZ either. The Renaissance transkit is still readily available though if you feel inspired.
It seems like most of the kits of this time from them aren't very accurate, some of them weirdly so. The Focus RS kit I'm building has completely wrong wheels from those shown on the box, but I know they have those wheels for other kits! It seems like they just wanted the paint scheme to be correct and said F it to the rest!
Stubeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
Tervo
AF Regular

Two "relaxing" evenings with the decals, and almost done! Still missing most of that thin red stripe, which is a nightmare to get right. I tried Tamiya originals (they where pre-cut to correct length) but no way. The Reji stripes, after cut to length seem to do the job. Continuing tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #9
Tervo
AF Regular

Decals are finally done! Have to over paint the "Devil" lines from the front fenders, which were only in Burns' car (learned that a bit too late ). Also had to remove the triangle part of the electric switch marking on bonnet, which apparently was not on this car at Argentina. The white markings around lights are too pronounced, probably won't correct them.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #10
malscar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tervo View Post
Decals are finally done! Have to over paint the "Devil" lines from the front fenders, which were only in Burns' car (learned that a bit too late ). Also had to remove the triangle part of the electric switch marking on bonnet, which apparently was not on this car at Argentina. The white markings around lights are too pronounced, probably won't correct them.

Interesting about the electrical triangle. I have seen photos of Burns' car with the triangle and without it. Don't know why there is the change. The photos of Gronholm and Rovanpera show they did not have the triangle.
malscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #11
Tervo
AF Regular

Some delay! Decided, that this has to have the correct wheels and suspension, so ordered the '02 New Zealand -version from a seller in Far East. It's on the way, but don't know how many weeks it will take to arrive here.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #12
Tervo
AF Regular

Worked some time with this. Painted over the Devil's sponsor decals, and then sprayed two coats of Zero's 2K clear. Now just waiting for the suspension.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #13
Tervo
AF Regular

Okay. Now I have (hopefully) the correct suspension parts for this build. To be continued....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports