Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
gsxracer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gsxracer
93 del sol engine swap

I have a 1993 del sol and it has 193k miles on it, i want to swap in a b16a2 with forged pistons, connecting rods, knife edged crankshaft, cams, power pulleys. It also will be turbod and i want to run 14 psi of boost. The trans i want to replace with one out of a 99-00 civic si, and il lrun a 75 shot nos. Now besides the fuel delivery what else will i need for it and will it beat a supercharged firebird v8 that runs 11.6.
gsxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Re: 93 del sol engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxracer
I have a 1993 del sol and it has 193k miles on it, i want to swap in a b16a2 with forged pistons, connecting rods, knife edged crankshaft, cams, power pulleys. It also will be turbod and i want to run 14 psi of boost.
I hope you have thousands of dollars to throw at this car - that's how much it's going to cost to have your work done. I'm assuming by "forged pistons" you're looking to increase the compression of your motor which is a bad idea if you have a turbo in mind. I also don't see any plans in there to bullet-proof the motor, which is what you need to do in order to run turbo on a VTEC motor, especially at 14psi.

Quote:
The trans i want to replace with one out of a 99-00 civic si, and il lrun a 75 shot nos.
The B16A2 transmission is the exact same one you'll find in a '99-'00 Civic Si. It has the exact same motor. When you swap the motor you should get the transmission that comes with it. Your D-series transmission won't work on a B-series motor anyhow. As far as running "nos" among your other performance upgrades, please stop watching TFATF. It has nothing to do with how things really work.

Quote:
Now besides the fuel delivery what else will i need for it and will it beat a supercharged firebird v8 that runs 11.6.
First off, if you have no idea what you need beyond fuel delivery you should not be undertaking this project. My suggestion to you is search the boards and read. Learn about what is needed and then make decisions from there instead of jumping on the bandwagon with other people who just spout stuff without actually learning what's necessary so they don't blow up their car. And no, you won't beat a supercharged Firebird V8.

Read. Learn. Then ask questions.

1995 Honda CRX del Sol VTEC
Manufactured: Suzuka, Japan
Production Sequence #1269

Team Del Sol member #1131
HondaVision: Team Sol Forum - Home of Team Del Sol

Old 05-20-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
gsxracer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gsxracer
i have read everything in this forum and i can get all the work done for free. I was wondering if the b16a2 and trans can hold 14 psi and nos. I have a couple friends with them but they just got exhaust, intake exc.
gsxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
Tranzlogic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tranzlogic

FREE ??? I charge my friends for my time and knowledge..rather your a hot chick that has some guy really wanting to get in your pants..or your about to have some half ass work done on your car....either way PLASTIC_FORK is right and you need to stop watching fast and the furious !! half those cars arnt real anyways, there being towed and or in front a moving blue screen with added sound effect ....GAY !! So save up your 7-8 thousand dollars of half ass free labor money and buy the internals,fuel and ecu componants needed to do this...then call me so i can rather come smoke you or pick your busted car ass up on the side of the road
Tranzlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
Fenixfire077
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fenixfire077 Send a message via Yahoo to Fenixfire077
what is 'bullet-proofing' the motor?
Fenixfire077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #6
Tranzlogic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tranzlogic

most generally that is just reffering to decking and sleeving the block....some people include the forged internals with that statement as well
Tranzlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV