Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Scanners and Diagnostic Tools
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Scanners and Diagnostic Tools Discussions about Scanners/Diagnostic Tools such as the MT-2500, Snap On and other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
schri00
AF Newbie

Can someone recommend an Auto Code Scanner?

Hi everybody:

I was wondering if someone could recommend an Auto Code Scanner for a home mechanic with the following features:

• gives the code meaning
  • able to be upgraded online
  • handles live code
  • reads OBD2 and OBD1
  • works on diesel engines
  • works with an iPhone (if possible)

Thanks

Dan
schri00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schri00 For This Useful Post:
Judyx431 (05-18-2016)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
theguardian
AF Newbie

Re: Can someone recommend an Auto Code Scanner?

Sungtool or anyone else:

I'm also in need of a scan tool, more so for OBD-I rather than OBD-II since I'm maily concerned w/diagnosing issues w/my 91 L98 TPI Vette. OBD-II will most definitely be in my future as that's what all my other cars are.

I've looked at Amazon and checked out the Actron, Equus/Innova and Matco/Innova. Every single one of them have bad/poor reviews where the devices don't work at all or fail after a short period of time and the mfgr won't repair it because they only have an Internet receipt rather than a register receipt. I had actually purchased the MD1042 Matco Tools SCANADVISOR, but returned it since it wouldn't function for OBD-I.

I'm considering the SnapOn mt2500, though it is a bit on the expensive side. Then again, you get what you pay for... if/when you're lucky.

So, if anyone out there has any helpful suggestions...

Thx.
theguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
CINELLImotorsports
AF Newbie

Re: Can someone recommend an Auto Code Scanner?

I build scan tools for shops and the best "all around" scanner that people seem to be going with is the BAUM DS2021... it's fabulous with Actual Values, control module replacing (coding transfer functions) and if you get the fully loaded one it comes with all the specialty connectors for all the pre obd2 vehicles. Also it has great coverage for BMW / MERCEDES / PORSCHE / AUDI that other scanners lack.

I actually have one, that I'm going to post on the for sale section if i find it. They normaly sell for about 5500 fully loaded with one year free upgrades.. The one I have is about 6 months old, fully loaded in like new condition and I'm looking for about 2700 for it. and the remaining 6 months of upgrades transfers to the buyer as well.
CINELLImotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
scanner
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Scanners and Diagnostic Tools