Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
dsmkid95
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to dsmkid95 Send a message via Yahoo to dsmkid95
Working for Mercedes?

I am planning on going to UTI to become an automotive technician and possibly one day be a master ase technician. does anyone know how much a master technician for mercedes or any other high level manufactor makes? i did a few searches but really didnt come up with anything.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
Re: Working for Mercedes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmkid95
I am planning on going to UTI to become an automotive technician and possibly one day be a master ase technician. does anyone know how much a master technician for mercedes or any other high level manufactor makes? i did a few searches but really didnt come up with anything.
I went to WyoTech and then to the Mercedes ELITE program after that. I've been a tech for about 2.5 years now and make around $50,000 a year. It depends a lot on where you work and how productive your shop is. Some of the older guys in my shop make over $100,000 a year. But I work in Beverly Hills so there's never really a shortage of work. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
dsmkid95
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to dsmkid95 Send a message via Yahoo to dsmkid95

sent you a pm
Old 09-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
henrythefourth
AF Newbie

If your only concern is how much money you'll make you're starting off all wrong. Your first thought really should be how can I get steadily good grades to become a first class mechanic ! You get that down pat and good money will come ! Good luck !!
henrythefourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
ifidie2nite
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Working for Mercedes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside.AMG
I went to WyoTech and then to the Mercedes ELITE program after that. I've been a tech for about 2.5 years now and make around $50,000 a year. It depends a lot on where you work and how productive your shop is. Some of the older guys in my shop make over $100,000 a year. But I work in Beverly Hills so there's never really a shortage of work. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Beverly Hills? Wow you must be busy. The day a Mercedes-Benz production facility isnt needed in cali is the day hell freezes over.

If con is the opposite of pro, then the opposite of progress is congress.

If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times, does he become disoriented?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
ifidie2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #6
SUMOBOY
AF Regular

Blindside, I've heard about your dealership. It's huge! We got a couple of Argentinian imports from your shop several yearsa ago. We"ve been using UTI guys lately and most of them that commit to that length od\f schooling are doing really well. The best thing is that UTI's training includes all the updated computer related stuff. Every shop has a few veterans that can diagnose the 70s and 80s cars, but the new cars are changing year to year with their duagnostics, their idiosyncrasies, and their own quirky problems.
If the UTI guys stick with it, MB's training schedule will make them veterans someday too, with all the compensation they earn.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion