Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
bubbajet
AF Newbie

1985 300cd issues

I am currently tinkering with an 85 300CD, my first venture into German vehicles. A few problems I have encounered:
1) Sunroof will not work; is there a manual way to open it?
2) A/C blows real cold air out the two outboard vents but very little flow through the two inboard vents. All are full open. Also, there is a lot of airflow through the defroster vents, so much so that it causes the windshield to fog up on the outside!
3) I have removed all the carpet and trunk panels trying to track down a leak. I have cleaned the drain plugs but still cannot track down the source of the leaks. There was standing water in the trunk and floor pans (the car was left outside during some heavy rains). Some moisture seemed to be coming in from the passenger side....is this a common problem for 20 year old Benzs and can it be fixed?

The car is in great shape and I love everything about it but before I put any more effort and money into it I would like to get these annoyances fixed. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, is there any place where I can get an owners manual? All the cars repair history was in the glove box but the manual was missing. Thank you.
bubbajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:32 AM   #2
gabsta
AF Newbie

Re: 1985 300cd issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajet
I am currently tinkering with an 85 300CD, my first venture into German vehicles. A few problems I have encounered:
1) Sunroof will not work; is there a manual way to open it?
2) A/C blows real cold air out the two outboard vents but very little flow through the two inboard vents. All are full open. Also, there is a lot of airflow through the defroster vents, so much so that it causes the windshield to fog up on the outside!
3) I have removed all the carpet and trunk panels trying to track down a leak. I have cleaned the drain plugs but still cannot track down the source of the leaks. There was standing water in the trunk and floor pans (the car was left outside during some heavy rains). Some moisture seemed to be coming in from the passenger side....is this a common problem for 20 year old Benzs and can it be fixed?

The car is in great shape and I love everything about it but before I put any more effort and money into it I would like to get these annoyances fixed. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, is there any place where I can get an owners manual? All the cars repair history was in the glove box but the manual was missing. Thank you.
Hi

I think the problem with the water coming in on the passenger's side,
you need to change the front windshield or the rubber sealant around it.
I had the same thing and that fixed it.
gabsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #3
bubbajet
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1985 300cd issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabsta
Hi

I think the problem with the water coming in on the passenger's side,
you need to change the front windshield or the rubber sealant around it.
I had the same thing and that fixed it.
Thanks gabsta. I appreciate your input. I just got the car back today from having the windshield seal replaced and I hope that works.
bubbajet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion