Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 09:53 AM   #61
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
Quote:
Originally posted by ~ls/vtec~
haters
i hate you.

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:46 PM   #62
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)

i hate you.
As if you have any room to critisize someone else. mr I run 10.3 at 138 mph in the quarter on street tires. I'd believe his times b/f I believe that.

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #63
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx
Quote:
Originally posted by ~ls/vtec~

My bro has a 94 gsr with simple mods like cold air intake, dc sport catback exhaust, 9mm wires, downpipe, and a mugen ecu. its a four door and he runs low 14s. ill post some slips later and some pix.
Quote:
Originally posted by mellowboy

Please dont tell me its all motor sayin you run low 14s with just those mods?
And what is hard to believe about a GSR running low 14's? I know B16A hatch's that run mid 14's. If it has some weight reduct. and the guy is a good driver, that is no problem.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:28 PM   #64
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by jcrx

And what is hard to believe about a GSR running low 14's? I know B16A hatch's that run mid 14's. If it has some weight reduct. and the guy is a good driver, that is no problem.
At the time he posted no one said anything about weight reduction. He posted later that the GSR had no rear seat/spare etc.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 08:24 PM   #65
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by jcrx

Ok first of all he never said its a hatch. He said gsr which i'm thinkin an integra. Integras are heavy. With those mods theres no way he can hit low 14s.
mellowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 11:10 PM   #66
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

As if you have any room to critisize someone else. mr I run 10.3 at 138 mph in the quarter on street tires. I'd believe his times b/f I believe that.
street tires.....where the hell did you get that peice of false info from? i never said anything about street tires on that car

Old 06-22-2003, 11:13 PM   #67
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

and i like your avatar....vw hater? i can gaurantee that i know quite a few vw guys that would give you the kick just so you can say you had em for at least a few seconds

Old 06-23-2003, 03:59 AM   #68
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol
anyway.....back on topic, what did you decide to go with head wise eckoman_pdx? Sorry I've been busy the past week and haven't had a chance to answer questions, although it seems my asistance was not needed. Still I am very curious to what you decided, and I wish you the best of luck. (Keep us posted)
I am still thinking about which head to use. I have still heard several people (and not just on here) say go with the GSR, but I understand what you said about the B16A head. The slightly bigger combustion chamber at 42.7cc and the better flowing head by 5.25% seem to go hand in hand with what is beneficial for turbo'd apps. I get the feeling from what I am hearing that maybe the B16A is better for turbo, and gsr for N/A. But I don't know, thats just my hunch. I did read in a book somewhere about something in the GSR head, maybe it was the shape of the combustio chamber, or maybe something else about the chamber, I think about reshaping the head for better quench area to promote more complete combustion. Of course, I figure doing this to the B16A or GSR would be the same, so again, I am not sure what is was I read that said the GSR was better for turbo's, nor do I remember the reason it was said. But right now, I am slightly leaning towards a B16A head I think. I used to talk to a guy in San Deigo who has a 500hp ls/vtec with a B16A head, and that seems to fit in with what you were saying about the B16A for turbos. Of course, would the better flow numbers be irrelavant after porting anf polishing the head (whichever is chosen? I still am leaning towards the B16 based on what I am gathering. I wish I remembered what is was I read about the GSR head in that book, lol
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #69
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
I don't know how this would play into a turbo application,but the gsr head is going to have secondary runners on the intake and the B16 head won't. I have seen some guys on teamintegra.com talking about disabling the secondary runners so maybe they are not as good as the regular B16 runners. Just a thought, maybe someone will correct anything that is not true or explain why or why not the secondary runners will help or hurt the performance from a turbo motor.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:10 PM   #70
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

B16 head is better, also responds better to porting.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:34 PM   #71
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:

street tires.....where the hell did you get that peice of false info from? i never said anything about street tires on that car
lets see this car? If its the one in your profile your full of it. I want proof. I could have sworn you said you smoked a Z06 on worn street tires? You posted a thread about it. Then you said in your last thread you were going to be in the 9's next year. (I have to see this CRIX)

Old 06-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #72
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and i like your avatar....vw hater? i can gaurantee that i know quite a few vw guys that would give you the kick just so you can say you had em for at least a few seconds
Yes..... I gaurentee you don't, unless you live in the land of the 11 sec VW's. lmao

Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 PM   #73
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

Yes..... I gaurentee you don't, unless you live in the land of the 11 sec VW's. lmao
yeh i guess i do...the slowest one runs low 12's...and these are only the guys im freinds with. ive seen faster bugs at the track

one turbo vr6 in an mk3 making 390 horses to the wheels not sure of what it runs at the track.
one turbo beetle making 350 to the wheels with a mostly fiberglass body thats hit high 9's at the track....and can be driven on the street with a few minor mods (the guy brings it out whenever the weather is nice)
one newly rebuilt vr6 turbo in a 97 jetta that runs low 12's in street trim (all leather seats and ac)
and a squad of 1.8t's from a shop called dubworks that are in rabbits and older gti's.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:37 PM   #74
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

yeh i guess i do...the slowest one runs low 12's...and these are only the guys im freinds with. ive seen faster bugs at the track

one turbo vr6 in an mk3 making 390 horses to the wheels not sure of what it runs at the track.
one turbo beetle making 350 to the wheels with a mostly fiberglass body thats hit high 9's at the track....and can be driven on the street with a few minor mods (the guy brings it out whenever the weather is nice)
one newly rebuilt vr6 turbo in a 97 jetta that runs low 12's in street trim (all leather seats and ac)
and a squad of 1.8t's from a shop called dubworks that are in rabbits and older gti's.
Like I said b/f your claims don't add up 350 hp 9 sec street legal beetle with minor mods......minor modifications.............the slowest VW you know runs low 12's.....dude I'll be in VA next semester with hybridsol, you set your boys up so we can run em down, oh and by the way we have a 10 sec crx as well BUT ITS NOT STREET DRIVEN! You can be shure to see that in the near future I'm sick of all these lying f*cks.
(I want pictures) PROVE IT!

Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 PM   #75
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
a picture speaks a thousand words!
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote