Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
tempestdude
AF Newbie

Angry 2003 Murano Catalytic Converter

Has anyone had to deal with replacing the catalytic converter on their Murano? We have a 2003 Murano with 88K miles on it. The service engine light came on. The dealer replaced the mass air flow (warranty) and it did not fix it. Now they are stating the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. It is not covered under the extended warranty we purchased for $1800.00 and will cost us $1600.00 if we go through the dealer. I think that is way too much and should be covered under the warranty for an emissions related item. Any Input?
tempestdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: 2003 Murano Catalytic Converter

emissions warranty is 8 years or 80k miles , if your talking about Bank 1 Cat converter , it's a pain in the you know what to replace.the warranty time on that pays 3 hours but take almost double of that. As far as your extended you brought, did you buy it when you bought you vech new or did you buy the car used with the extended?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
tempestdude
AF Newbie

We bought the car new in May 2003 and purchased the extended warranty through Nissan when the car had about 30K miles on it. I reviewed the warranty and it looked pretty comprehensive. Apparently not enough though. Judging by the quote the dealer gave, I'm suspecting they quoted replacement cost for both cats. That leads me to further believe they are just throwing parts at it. I called another dealer and they quoted $646 and $726 for each of the cats. They had the higher cost one in stock. I guess we need to call the first dealer back and have them clarify which one it is. Do you think this is worth pursuing with Nissan North America?

Thanks,

Kevin
tempestdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

you can call them and see what they say.. doesn' hurt

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45