Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
DevonTT
AF Newbie

What Color?

I'm completely sold on the FX35. I'll be buying mine as soon as I sell my 1996 BMW 318ti--hopefully this month.

My biggest issue--the color! If I hadn't been driving a black car for the past seven years, I'd get the FX in Black Obsidian. Can't go wrong with black, I always say--at least, here in the northern climes where summers are milder.

Anyway... I like Liquid Copper, but I fear I might get tired of it after a while. And, call me silly, but I just know people are going to call it "orange," and I would never in life buy an orange car.

I've ruled out the Laser Red (why didn't they make it a metallic red?) and the Ivory Pearl.

I was tempted toward the Diamond Graphite, but it seems to lack, I dunno, drama, or something. It doesn't make much of a statement on its own.

The car looks great in Brilliant Silver, but I've had silver cars before and I get a "been there, done that" feeling with that color too.

The Beryllium 16 is a very pretty color in full sun. A little drab otherwise.

If I rule out all of the above, I'm left with Golden Sand. I could live with it, but I don't love it.

I love the Liquid Copper, but will I love it four years from now? Will I love it when people call it "orange"?

I am not usually indecisive, so this is killing me.

Anyone out there with a Liquid Copper FX? What are your feelings? Help me decide!

Devon
DevonTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
PullingmaxGs
AF Newbie

Devon,
I am in the same boat - - am planning to purchase soon, but unsure of which color. It's come down to the Ivory Pearl and Beryllium - - and I'm leaning to the IP with Willow interior... Decisions, decisions
PullingmaxGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:02 AM   #3
TakaCar
AF Newbie

If I had enough money to get one, I'd get it in either Golden Sand or Brilliant Silver. Just cause those colours are easy to clean and maintain. If I wanted to be different, I'd get the liquid copper (orange). Or maybe silverstone or even Mocha.
TakaCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
aas5
AF Newbie

Re: What Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonTT
I'm completely sold on the FX35. I'll be buying mine as soon as I sell my 1996 BMW 318ti--hopefully this month.

My biggest issue--the color! If I hadn't been driving a black car for the past seven years, I'd get the FX in Black Obsidian. Can't go wrong with black, I always say--at least, here in the northern climes where summers are milder.

Anyway... I like Liquid Copper, but I fear I might get tired of it after a while. And, call me silly, but I just know people are going to call it "orange," and I would never in life buy an orange car.

I've ruled out the Laser Red (why didn't they make it a metallic red?) and the Ivory Pearl.

I was tempted toward the Diamond Graphite, but it seems to lack, I dunno, drama, or something. It doesn't make much of a statement on its own.

The car looks great in Brilliant Silver, but I've had silver cars before and I get a "been there, done that" feeling with that color too.

The Beryllium 16 is a very pretty color in full sun. A little drab otherwise.

If I rule out all of the above, I'm left with Golden Sand. I could live with it, but I don't love it.

I love the Liquid Copper, but will I love it four years from now? Will I love it when people call it "orange"?

I am not usually indecisive, so this is killing me.

Anyone out there with a Liquid Copper FX? What are your feelings? Help me decide!

Devon
Apparently, two new colors will be available for 2005 - sapphire and platinum. I haven't seen them yet, but sapphire sounds interesting. I am also in the market and will probably wait to see them. If I don't like them, I will probably go with Diamond Graphite. I think the pumpkin color is great but I agree you may get tired of it. Black and white colors are goo too but black is hard to maintain and white is too plain plus you can't get the black/brick interior with it. The golden sand is not a great color at all and the silver is too plain. Red is too much for everyday commute, so this leaves me with DG. Hopefully the new colors will add more flexibility. I'm surprised that we are so limited to color selection on Infiniti, if you look at Altima, it has many more colors that you can choose from. The best color I like is the one I saw on Lexus RX-330 which was a dark Diamond Grahite/Black (don't know the exact name).
aas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #5
PullingmaxGs
AF Newbie

What Color?

...I finally decided to go with Ivory Pearl/Willow, with the Aluminum roof rails and Chrome 20's - - should arrive this weekend!!! It's sweet - - go to Cardomain.com and check the 35's - - the Ivory pearl FX is the top one!!

Good luck!
Claude
PullingmaxGs is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45