Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
NOBU-SAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: New Yugo coming soon

This must be a gaff. No way is Yugo coming bak to America. I'll belive it when Csaba Cere says so. Otherwise, I call b.s.

Never mind the pics, just the first part matters.
1998 Civic EX 2dr MT :Koni RSK suspension, ST 19mm Rear Sway Bar, Hawk brake pads, Civic Hybrid wheels(No bullshit), C- West style front bumper, Apexi N1 cat back, AEM cold air, LSR short shifter... more to come!!! Holler back.

2006 SV650: M4 carbon high mount, racetech springs & oil up front, seat cowl, suzuki frame sliders, new shock coming soon......
NOBU-SAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
mile
AF Newbie

Why? yugo is now better.For that money its a good car.I drive Yugo 20 year old.Yugo is not for people who have a lot of money.If man who have a lot of money buy Yugo he is stingy.he want good car for small sum of money.In our country(serbia)there is saying: "Koliko para toliko muzike".or on english: "how much money,that much music"

One more thing for guy who ask about wooden engine:

Drveni motori?da li si ti normalan?drvena je tebi glava cim toliko nemas pojma o kolima.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #18
UltraparanoiA
AF Newbie

hahahahahahahaha to brate... Ferrari you lose, Yugo rul"/,Zz... Speaking rationaly about that car it is most uncomfortable car that i've ever driven, and gear shifting is so unprecise, like if you tried to put your wooden block in drawer... but i agree with MILE "Kol'ko para tol'ko muzike..."!
UltraparanoiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #19
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity

you two are worthless

yes, come on AF to flame someone in a different language.....when he wants info on the new car you are defending.

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
TerminalVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #20
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

I have the feeling that these guests may not stay for very long if they continue on how they have been.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #21
mile
AF Newbie

@TerminalVelocity

aha.. and you are going to give him that information?...and information about wooden engine ))))

I'm not defending Yugo,I just want from you and others to stop lying.yugo is not such bad car as you and others are talking.
Can I ask you one question?Can you imagine country where 80% of people are driving 10-20 years old Yugo?
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #22
2strokebloke

How about we keep this discussion on the topic of the NEW Yugos, as opposed to the twenty year old ones, or I close the thread?

"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #23
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

2stroke, can you please tell me about the new one. I heard some stuff before so I asked...and was corrected. I want to know about it because I know nothing about them. And if they make it here to the states that really catches my intrest.

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Old 03-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #24
2strokebloke

The "new" Yugos will not be coming to the United States in the forseeable future. Malcolm Bricklin who had planned to import them, bailed out (he had also imported the "old" Yugos back in the eighties) he is now going to import cars from China.
But the plan had been to import new Yugos under the brand name ZMW (Zastava Motor Works - where the Yugos are built) there were basically the same cars as the old Yugos, with revised styling, and a Peugeot engine instead of the old Fiat 128 copy that had been used in the 80's.
As for now, Bricklin will be importing the Chinese made Chery, and I currently know of no plans by anybody to import the modernised Yugos.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #25
UltraparanoiA
AF Newbie

Well, i think that if someone actualy tries to import them he won't be able to sell it there because it's cheap and small car. Americans like bigger stronger cars(i think so) and also they have enough money to buy such cars... Yugo is made for low standard people, its cheap and week, undurable car(like i said). Thats for the old one, but i never saw new one(or driven one)... Here in Serbia at least 20% of whole driving population drives yugo(old), because its cheap car, cheap parts(which you can buy practicaly on kiosk). P.S. I don't want to make you a bad picture of Serbia but you sholdn't complain about anything you are living much better than we do... But again it's great to live here ;D
Old 03-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #26
2strokebloke

I really don't think all of that matters. When the Yugo was being sold in the U.S. it sold reasonably well, around 30,000 units per year until 1989 - but even though sales had dropped it was still selling until civil war in Yugoslavia halted export of the cars.
The biggest problem with the car was not that it was cheap or small, but that the design was basically that of a car which had been around since the sixties. When driving a Yugo, it feels like you're driving a car that's much older. The car may have been built in 1988, but it drives and handles like it was built in 1978, the car feels so old because the design is so old. I have been told that the newer Yugos, despite having fuel injection and other modern features, still feel the same way.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #27
UltraparanoiA
AF Newbie

Whatever... Car has got soul(for me), and i have to mention that if you crash car you dont have to worry about insurance because parts are very cheap(again)... To be reasonable, if i had enough money i would buy good car, but until then i will be satisfied with yugo, maybe one day when i finish school etc. ill have more money so... Yeah just remembered, there is one rime that serbs say "Isto sranje drugo pakovanje", it means same crap in a new box(literaly translated), but that is not new yugo, you've got old yugo with efi(which is crap on that car) and changed spoilers litlle so they called it the new yugo but it's not, basicly it's "isto sranje drugo pakovanje"... I think its named koral efi 55 or something like that, if you want to google I think that new new yugo will be based on new technologies since fiat bought zastava, so i guess(hope ) it will be a nice little devil...
Old 03-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #28
2strokebloke

I have no problem with the Yugo handling like an old car. In fact, it is because of this that I actually like the Yugo. Most modern cars are too bland in their character to be any fun, even if they are faster and handle better.
What we have been lacking in the U.S. since the end of Yugo sales in 1991 is a cheap basic, old fashioned car. I know that there are plenty of people who will not sell their old Yugos now even though they have enough money to buy a new car. I would have to say that surprisingly, Yugo owners in the U.S. seem to be amongst the most loyal of any car owners. There were many who were let down when Bricklin did not follow through with his plan to import new Yugos.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #29
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

I would defentally be intrested in buying one if it is so cheap. I agree with the overall blandness of the cars we have today...they handle well and are fast, but all are on the same level, look and feel like it too. The fact it would handle like that, it would add character especally because I would not be racing it, just driving it.

Too bad they won't be comming over...

"Isto sranje drugo pakovanje", it means same crap in a new box(literaly translated)

that.....is AWESOME!

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #30
Dr. Love
AF Newbie

The ZMW deal fell through so Yugos will not be coming to the US.

They will build a new Yugo though, in fact they have already started building them. It is called the Zastava 10 and is actually a license-built Fiat Punto. For you Americans, the Fiat Punto is a small Italian hatchback and it is one of the most common cars in Europe. If you know anything about the history of the Yugo, you know Zastava actually started building Fiat designs under license, then gradually modified them and the Yugo was born. The Zastava 10 will not be available in the US but will be exported all over Europe, and is expected to do well as it is basically a Fiat Punto but will sell cheaper than the real Punto due to the lower cost of labor than in Italy. Selling price will be somewhere around 7000 Euros for a base model. The base model will have a 1.2 L engine and the other version will have a 1.9 L diesel.

Who knows, maybe one day they will again resume sales to the US, but for now there is no such plan.

Anyways here are pictures of it:

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > General Discussion