Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > General Discussion
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #31
BigG123
Banned

Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Looks horrible.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #32
nevaevah
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Nissan unveils the next-generation GT-R prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG123
Looks horrible.

I'm sorry my friend I have to disagree. At first it was a bit odd, but it has grown on me greatly. I have falling in love with this vehicle. I hope they dont change one inch on this car. Personally I dont care how much it cost I'm going to try to be first in line as though I buying a PS3. We cant be afraid of some change. She is gonna fit quite nice between my Z32 and G35C.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #33
MKAT_tdc
AF Newbie

I had to join AF just to make my thoughts known. The Nissan Skyline has been my dream car for a very long time. I'm obsessed with it, but I need to get this great weight off my mind. This Nissan travesty is the worst thing I have ever seen. I remember looking at an article about the Sentra SER Spec-V (when it was new) and reading about how the Skyline team at Nissan JP laughed at them when the wanted the Sentra to share the same V-Spec badge as it was the top of the line Sentra. That same team that did the laughing is now producing this piece for its fans? The R34 is the best, so I have to agree with Automobile Maniac. But the taillights? Corvette? Nah, the Skyline has only been around since, oh, say, 1957! True it was not a sports car then, but when Prince still owned the car and manufactured it, it had the round tails. It has had them since and most of the Prince team remaining and of course the people hired since then, through merging with Nissan, Datsun, etc. still make up the majority of the Skyline team. The main three, R34 R33 and R32 also kept the same RB26DETT engine, and as one of the best production engines ever made it probably was time for it to be put to rest as a "new" engine after a good run of about 13 years only requiring minor adjustments for each model. But to put a new "Skyline team approved" engine into what looks like a crash between a Carrera GT, and a Toyota GT-One race car, only to be put back together by the Cadillac XLR design team is what Mirriam Webster likens to the word and concept of a travesty. I really want to see some interior pics, but I'm just starting to forsee the universal Nissan silver/black plastic steering wheel with a chrome Infiniti badge and other crap that will keep one like me bored. IE DVD Navigation. No thanks, I don't think I'd be driving around lost all the time in a $70k car. Ridiculous. I'm going to continue to save for an R34. The only good side to this is the R34 will hopefully go down in price. Now that I think of it, I saw a picture of the car in black in some car mag. It looked ok, but I may have to see one in person. We'll see in 2008 if any dealers even have one in stock to show i.e. NSX, 350Z S-Tune.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #34
Nissan_Tuner
AF Newbie

to call that a syline is degrating, it looks horrible, its not worthy for the skyline name. but thats what i think, and of course everyones going to say that because i am a "newbie" then i dont know what i am talking about, o-well
Old 01-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #35
HellBent
AF Regular

The Skyline GT-R is a great car, but you guys should broaden your horizons a little and realize there are many other great sports cars out there. Having lived in Japan and owned a GT-R, I can say they are pretty common place in Japan.

Additionally, there are countless four door beater skylines driving around all over Japan. It takes a little shine off the GT-R image when one pulls up next to you at a stop light. On the other hand there are no four door Corvettes or Vipers out there. (Just a little perspective).

-AL
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #36
Nissan_Tuner
AF Newbie

I can kinda agree with you there but the Skyline is a great car I think its spoken about so much because if someone actually had one over here it would own the streets in every state, being a street legal, street racer.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #37
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Tuner
to call that a syline is degrating, it looks horrible, its not worthy for the skyline name. but thats what i think, and of course everyones going to say that because i am a "newbie" then i dont know what i am talking about, o-well

Well... for one... it's no longer based off of the SKYLINE anymore. It's a plain GTR.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 02-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #38
2.4L of Torque
AF Enthusiast

Im sorry but the Atezza AWD/AWS system and the TwinTurbo Sports car makes it withhold the Skyline legacy.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
Nissan_Tuner
AF Newbie

I still think it looks horrible for a skyline or a GTR. The other thing that is pissing me of is that they are trying to make the sentra a fast car, unless they make a new body design for it it I dont see it ever being sold, but then again if people build up hondas then why not a sentra.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #40
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity

I way prefer the looks of the R32-R34...

But I do like things like the headlights, and the taillights are better than I expected. Last I heard they were removing the round taillights and going with a bar style taillight.

I like that it is still going to be AWD and have a twin turbo system. I do happen to like the VQ platform also, so that has alot in its favor.

Still, untill I see one up close I wont know for sure if I like it or not.

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Old 02-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #41
Inkyturbo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Inkyturbo Send a message via Yahoo to Inkyturbo

My Eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that thing is hideous and no amount of horsepower could make it beautiful. As it has been said, that is a travesty to the Skyline GT-R name.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #42
Sky_Legend
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Sky_Legend

the only things i like more in this latest version of skyline is it's tail lights and front-logo placement.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 AM   #43
HellBent
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyturbo
My Eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that thing is hideous and no amount of horsepower could make it beautiful. As it has been said, that is a travesty to the Skyline GT-R name.
Well not all cars named Skylines are super sexy. Take for example these two 4-door family sedans wearing the Skyline name:

Keep in mind that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of these lower skylines ply the streets of Japan everyday. They are everywhere, with babyseats in the back, rust, dents, missing hubcaps (that's right HUBCAPS!!).

The new R35 Skyline may not please everyone, but it is still a striking car. It is also gauranteed the production version will look slightly different and more refined. Besides it is aimed squarely at the entry level Porsche buyers anyway.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

-AL
Old 03-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #44
snowboard_73
AF Newbie

Gross.
Black line on bottom of frame needs to go
Rx8 front wheel wells need to go.
4 pipes? 1 cat back please.
top needs to have the r34 shape, not the 350z
Rear lights need to be un-sunk
Anything but crome or silver rims (preferably carbon fiber w/ r34 shape)
The front needs to be more like the r34, r33, and r32. none of this 350z shit
Overall too round, like the back wheel wells. what happened to the GTR look?
To much of a mustang, (mustangs are ugly)
and its just a lil' bit to high off the ground.
IT BETTER BE A RIGHT HAND DRIVE AND A NISSAN (world-wide).
Infiniti = shit; all ugly cars none look apealing what-so-ever.
RB26dett would be way better, keep the inline 6.
If they want more power, they should upgrade the turbos, fuel pumps, etc.
7-speed transmittions is one good thing about this, another is the view of the front when u cant see any of the hood, just the grill.
The windsheild looks nice from the side view.
Carbon fiber is the best look on cars (and on crotch rockets).
Old 03-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #45
Nissan_Tuner
AF Newbie

hey now those are still pretty good lookin aight, i can promise you that if i had a 4 dr skyline when i am done with it you would say "damn thats the sexiest damn 4 dr skyline i ever seen" i can promise you that. go have some one photoshop it or look for one with a body kit adn other parts. youll change your input reall soon.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > General Discussion