Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #196
jraboyte
AF Newbie

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC

hello joegr you said to ignore code 1265 but what about 1264, i also replace the dccv and it didnt fix anything i am having the same problem. the code 1264 is a floor door actuator i tried using the alldata manual but im new at this so any suggestions would really help.
jraboyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #197
shorod
SHO No Mo

If the DATC is giving a code for a temp sensor, and the operation of the system is consistent with a faulty sensor (which I believe it is) don't replace the DATC. These sensors are not too difficult to replace and only run around $25 from the dealer. I don't recall if it's this thread or another one on this forum, but I'd say it's more common for sensors to fail than the DATC.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #198
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
If the DATC is giving a code for a temp sensor, and the operation of the system is consistent with a faulty sensor (which I believe it is) don't replace the DATC. These sensors are not too difficult to replace and only run around $25 from the dealer. I don't recall if it's this thread or another one on this forum, but I'd say it's more common for sensors to fail than the DATC.

-Rod
I agree. I'd replace the sensor. DATC failures are pretty rare and usually have clear symptoms, like the display being messed up all the time.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #199
mcholt1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post

-Rod
Thanks so much. I'll replace the sensor and hope for the best.

-Mark
mcholt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #200
rriicckkeerr
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 ls blowing heat on the passenger side. Did the diagnostics and it came up with 13 42. I read all the post and noone has had this code. Any idea what it means? Thanks.
rriicckkeerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #201
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriicckkeerr View Post
I have a 2000 ls blowing heat on the passenger side. Did the diagnostics and it came up with 13 42. I read all the post and noone has had this code. Any idea what it means? Thanks.
B1342 = ECU defective, install new DATC.

Looks like it an internal fault of the control head.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #202
shorod
SHO No Mo

I have a working DATC head that I'd sell for cheap. It is for an LS without heated seats. Send me a PM if you're interested.

-Rod
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #203
proplumb
AF Newbie

OK Everyone I have a little different problem with the AC in a 2003 LS. I read all 14 pages and found alot of great info but not exactly my problem. When we drive on the xway or thruway 65 to 70 MPH, after about 30 miles or so the drivers side ducts blow out hot air. The Pass. side seems to be a cooler but not cold. If I switch to defrost that also seems cooler but not cold. If we shut the car off and get back in to go home the problem is gone. AC is fine.
I did the codes and all I got was similar to moholt1's picture of the read out on the climate control digital read out. Page 13 post 194, the number part was the same but the pitcures were different.
Auto <- -/ -> *IIIIIII EXT .... -/ = Seat
88°,e ^ _☺ ┤88°,e .... ^ _☺
......8 -> / ......... 8 ..... -> / = man in seat. the arrows for defrost, panel and floor. I hope you get the gist of this . but there were no numbers for codes. It almost seems that a thermal switch went off as if the compressor? over heated. When it cooled the switch turned back on. Is this possible? This has just happened twice this week. If we drive around town it has never happened, only on the x ways. Thank You
proplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #204
shorod
SHO No Mo

Do you get a pretty constant drip of water from the evaporator housing under the car when the unit is functioning, but when it seems to be working and when it only feels cool? If not, check to see if the compressor clutch is still engaged when it's only cool. If you never get drips of water from the evaporator housing then you might have a plugged drain that is allowing the evaporator core to freeze up. Does the air flow still seem normal when the temperature from the vents only feels cool, or is the airflow also reduced?

-Rod
Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #205
rriicckkeerr
AF Newbie

Ok now it doesn't show a code ...but the air is still warm on the passenger side. Guess I will just live with it. Thanks for letting me know what the code ment.
rriicckkeerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #206
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriicckkeerr View Post
Ok now it doesn't show a code ...but the air is still warm on the passenger side. Guess I will just live with it. Thanks for letting me know what the code ment.
I'll bet you that you have a failing DCCV.
(Symptoms of failure do vary somewhat.)
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #207
mpres2
AF Newbie

I have a slightly different problem with my 2001 Lincoln LS V8.
With my A/C on the passenger side blows ambient air. No matter what the setting on the climate control, the passenger side still blows ambient air.

I have done the diagnostic and get no error codes. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help,
Curtis
mpres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #208
proplumb
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply -Rod on post 202. I had shoulder surgery Tuesday and it will be a few days before I can check. If I recall the fan speed was fine.
proplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #209
rubfaria
AF Newbie

Hello, man.
Why dont u go to a authorized lexus cardealer to solve ur problem? I appreciate ur tentatives and the atitude of Rod, but, its not working, and u may increase ur problem.

Whatever u do, I wish u luck.

Friendly,
Ruh.
rubfaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #210
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubfaria View Post
Hello, man.
Why dont u go to a authorized lexus cardealer to solve ur problem? I appreciate ur tentatives and the atitude of Rod, but, its not working, and u may increase ur problem.

Whatever u do, I wish u luck.

Friendly,
Ruh.
I don't know what planet you are own, but Lexus does not make or service the Lincoln LS I realize that Lexus makes a car who's name starts with "LS", but that is not the car we are talking about. We are talking about the Lincoln LS, a car that came from a joint venture between Ford and Jaguar. If you can't tell that from reading in this forum, then I can't possibly see how you would know if the advice given here is correct or not.