Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
Shane W.
AF Newbie

2001 Lincoln LS 3.9 L Engine/Trans problem?

Hello all, I am here on behalf of my mother. About two years ago, she bought a 2001 Lincoln LS 3.9 L sedan from a man, odometer registered 175,300 some odd miles. About a month after receiving it, it started to run like it was being starved of gas, took it to O'Reilly's for a scan, said O2 sensors were out. We bought them, and my father put them on. He took it for a test run and came back five minutes later with the temp gauge pegged, he ran it straight hot for over three minutes while doing at the highest...30. The next time it was fired up, it had a knock that is consistent until actually accelerating, which I believe is still there, just dulled down by other engine sounds. If you mash the accelerator to the floor, there's a two or three second response gap, and I get either over revving, where it'll jump to 5,000 RPM and race up to about 6,700 RPM before I pull out, with minimal to zero torque or power gain. The other anomaly is it will catch and give power up to about 5,200 RPM and then quit, where it'll continue to rev and refuse to shift, I actually have to manually shift it by pulling my foot out of it. She loves this car, but after reading some forums, I foresee this car being an absolute nightmare. She has since parked this car and bought a 2004 Lincoln Aviator, which had a PCV valve problem which had it stalling. I was wondering if you boys could help another guy out, many thanks!
Of things to note as well, we have since put timing chains in it, as well as new head gaskets. Nothing is giving, any help is appreciated. And please, ask away and I'll answer what I can!
Shane W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2001 Lincoln LS 3.9 L Engine/Trans problem?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm unsure why, but this post never flagged for me as being new.

Do you know specifically which diagnostic codes were read out by O'Reilly's? There is no such thing as a code that states specifically the O2 sensors are bad. Also, considering what all you've replaced, it would be worth checking for current diagnostic codes.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ