Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 09:09 AM   #1
Pikachoo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pikachoo
Question Anyone see the "Deep Blue Sea" special??

It was on the discovery channel the other night. It was over animals of the sea(of course), and had a special edition segment about animals of the deep. From what I saw it was awsome(glowing fish , 25 foot long shark that lives up to 2 miles deep). I recently got a 32"(I think) flatscreen, and the quality of the show was amazing.

Anyway I only saw about 5 minutes of it, and I was wondering if anyone saw the whole thing. I am considering buying the DVD from discovery channel, but it cost $39.99, ouch.

EDIT: Crap, I went to Discovery.com to buy it and it says they are out of stock which means they have stopped carrying it. DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!

Cruising a Z24 right now, But I've got plans....

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lpe%20-%208%20sec%20Vette.mov
Pikachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 09:58 AM   #2
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Damn since moving to New Zealand I seem to miss most of the good shows like that. Though we do get them from time to time on free TV. I may have to relent and get SkyTV.
Sounds like that was a really interesting show.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
Pikachoo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pikachoo
It was awsome. I like informative stuff like that though. If anybody has a copy of that dvd let me know.

Cruising a Z24 right now, But I've got plans....

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lpe%20-%208%20sec%20Vette.mov
Pikachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 12:00 PM   #4
LX98Civic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to LX98Civic
Those shows are cool!

I thought this was going to be about the movie "Deep Blue Sea"

I can't believe the f**kers that get in the water with those things.

--- --- --- -- Sleeper in the middle -- --- --- ---
LX98Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 01:53 PM   #5
DantesInferno
AF Enthusiast

Haphazardley, I did get to see a portion of it. My great grandmother is in the hospital and when I went to visit, she was out of the room having some lengthy tests done, but the elderly woman in the same room, one bed over was watching it. She didn't have any visitors, so I sat down and talked with her as we watched a bit of it together until my great grandmother returned. From what I saw, it was really interesting. Two thumbs up for the Discovery Channel.

Taranaki: "roses are wonderful plants,but they do attract parasites...and the harder you cut them back,the stronger they return.They smell sweet,their faces are soft and pretty,and they can defend themselves with sharp thorns where neccesary....but left untended,and without support,a simple gust of wind can leave them shattered....but not forever....the roots of the rose are strong,cut the wood back,and it will always bloom again."
DantesInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #6
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Discovery Channel rocks! I didn't see Deep Blue Sea, but I did catch a few episodes of "Totally Out of Control" ...natural disasters such as tornoados, volcanoes, then they did a segement on out of control vehicles...pretty wild stuff, I like it all...animal documentaries are my favorite.
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote