Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Dano2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dano2 Send a message via Yahoo to Dano2
Hood latch black plastic thingy broke off...how to open up hood now????

All,
My wife has a 99 Jetta. Yesterday I pulled the hood release to check the oil, I pulled that little black handle that pops out under the front of the hood and opened the hood. However when I closed the hood, the lil black handle jammed up and was sticking out, when I pulled it, it broke off! I can pop the hood like normal, with the hood open a couple inches but can't open it now....Im stuck! I tried to see if I could use a hanger or something in there, but didn't know what I was even trying to unlock or pull on.
Soooooooo...am I totally screwed and have to take it to a dealer? or can it somehow be poped open? any ideas please let me know....thanks....dano
Dano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
localvw
AF Newbie

Re: Hood latch black plastic thingy broke off...how to open up hood now????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano2
All,
My wife has a 99 Jetta. Yesterday I pulled the hood release to check the oil, I pulled that little black handle that pops out under the front of the hood and opened the hood. However when I closed the hood, the lil black handle jammed up and was sticking out, when I pulled it, it broke off! I can pop the hood like normal, with the hood open a couple inches but can't open it now....Im stuck! I tried to see if I could use a hanger or something in there, but didn't know what I was even trying to unlock or pull on.
Soooooooo...am I totally screwed and have to take it to a dealer? or can it somehow be poped open? any ideas please let me know....thanks....dano
Since u can pull up on the hood, use a flashlight to shine in the center to see the latch on the hood. On the latch, a hook is wrap around the latch. If ur hand is not too thick reach in to move the hook to the left or clockwise to release the hood
localvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
ManShowBoy
AF Newbie

hey dano - i have a 2000 jetta and I'm having the same sh*tty problem you are. don't know what i did, but somehow I over-extended that black latch thingy and my frikken hood is stuck! I tried the trick that localvw mentioned, but to no luck. Were you able to fix this? Or does anyone else out there have another solution??? My oil light just came on and I can't get this damn hood open! Thanks in advance for any help or advise i may get off this forum.
ManShowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
kimrepunte
AF Newbie

I pulled the latch hook towards me to open my hood
kimrepunte is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora