Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #1
Nayr747
AF Enthusiast

Question So many noises from car. What are they?

Alright, I have a BUNCH of sounds coming from my car. Squeeks, rattles, etc. Just wondering if any of you know what I'm talking about and have some solutions.

Ok the 1st one is my sunroof. Most of the time when I turn a corner it kind of creaks like on ald boat or something. I'm pretty sure it's the rubber against rubber when it's closed. Dont know what to do about it though.

The other noise coming from the sunroof or hatch area is a random noise like something is hitting the top of the car or a piece of metal is moving around. It usually happens when I'm on the freeway.

There is another very annoying noise that only happens at around a certain vac (around 16) or possibly certain rpms. It sounds almost like when your breaks are going out but a little different. Kind of like a ringing metal sound from the engine bay. If I keep the pedal steady, I can make it do it for as long as I want. I'm thinking it might be the 1g bov, maybe?

Another one is when I turn my heat on (maybe cold too) there is this quick squeek that sounds like it's coming from the engine bay maybe. After the 1st squeek, it does it avery couple mins until I turn the air off.

Another one, maybe the same as the one above, is when I am warming up my car I can hear this slight squeaking or squeeling noise that sounds like its coming from one of the pulleys (the one closest to you when you're standing in front). Maybe I need to greece it but I dont know what to use.

Sorry this is so incredibly long. Any help whould be great. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

'99 GSX, 5-speed, 60k miles: Greddy filter / RRE uicp / 1g bov / Autometer boost gauge / Injen-copy intake / Megan DP (not installed)

Coming soon! Thx to Blackcrow & nova1313! http://dsm-one.org/
Adopt pets in need! http://www.petfinder.com/
Nayr747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: So many noises from car. What are they?

i think your heat/ac and start up squeak is coming from the accessory belt(s). check all of them for proper tightness and maybe even give them a few cranks of a wrench to make sure they're tight.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
l_eclipse_l
AF Enthusiast

It's funny how people can have the EXACT same problems. My sunroof rattels when I go over bumps. Was told by the Mitsubishi bitches that I need to replace the track the sunroof sits on. Not cheap. I'll deal with the rattle every once in awhile than pay out a few hundred $$$. I found that if you just barely open it, but not really open it at all, it stops rattling. Just a little tip I found that kinda works.

The belt squeals are a common problem. Don't use belt dressing, that shit will fuck it up worse. I haven't really found anything that works very good, just try tightening it as best you can, or have someone do it that has some experience with our cars. Post anything you find out that works.

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
l_eclipse_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
96spyderman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 96spyderman Send a message via MSN to 96spyderman

If it is a belt squeel... get an OEM belt from mitsubishi... I found this out first hand....auto store belts don't hold a candle to OEM!!!

As for the vac type noise... that is the BOV.. mine did it whenever I let off the gas coming to a stop... it's just the vacuum going through the tube to the BOV and opening it just enough to act like a reed on a wind instrument.....If that's what it is... get used to it! he he he

As for the sunroof... don't know... I had a large rattly/squeeky top on my old car...basically one big sunroof!!! LMAO I do have some advice if it sounds like rubber on rubber... keep it "lubed" with armourall or something... that helped with my rubber seals on the conv.top...
Old 03-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
1stGenRocks
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 1stGenRocks

check vfaq and 1000AAQ i dont remeber where but i've seen a site with directions to fix the 2g sunroof rattle. i think you just need to tighten up some screws in there but the site tells you how to take it apart and put it back together
95 Tsi AWD: 6 bolt, DSMLink, 880's, ACT 2600, lightweight flywheel, AGX's, Dropzone springs, poly motor mounts and suspension bushings, 3 inch turboback, gus modded 1g BOV, hardpipes, drilled & slotted rotors, 17's

plans: bastard 20g, water/meth injection NO FMIC
1stGenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #6
Nayr747
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: So many noises from car. What are they?

Thanks for all the tips guys. So far, for the sunroof, I've only tried poking at it, lol. Ill give that opening it a little a try but hopefully water wont get in. I was thinking about lubing the rubber with something. How long will the Armoral keep it from squeeking? Do I have to keep spraying it on there? As for the belt, I dont think it's been replaced yet. When I replace it though I'll be sure to get an OEM. But probobly has to do with the belt then and not the pulleys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96spyderman
As for the vac type noise... that is the BOV.. mine did it whenever I let off the gas coming to a stop... it's just the vacuum going through the tube to the BOV and opening it just enough to act like a reed on a wind instrument.....If that's what it is... get used to it! he he he
Damn! Cause it's really annoying me. So does this happen with the Greddy and others or just the 1g? Driving along in the city it's just like riiiiiiing .... riiing ..... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnng .......... riiing... You get my point. Low speed driving it's like a couple times a minute.

'99 GSX, 5-speed, 60k miles: Greddy filter / RRE uicp / 1g bov / Autometer boost gauge / Injen-copy intake / Megan DP (not installed)

Coming soon! Thx to Blackcrow & nova1313! http://dsm-one.org/
Adopt pets in need! http://www.petfinder.com/
Nayr747 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic