Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
TiffH01
AF Newbie

Help!!! Loss of power!!!

I have a 99 VW Jetta. Within the past 2 weeks it has been acting up. I'll be driving and all of a sudden there's a loss of power...I mean a huge loss of power. I can barely get up a hill. And when it's idling it doesn't stall but it wants to, and the whole car shakes when idling. After it sits for a few hours and I start it up again it's good to go. You never know when it's going to happen again, but it does. My husband has changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. I just filled up the tank and put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in it as well. Any thoughts to what could be causing this, and possible solutions!?!?!?
TiffH01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
SleepyHead98
AF Regular

Re: Help!!! Loss of power!!!

Investigate and see if there is a check engine light. which there probably is. Get the codes read at an auto parts store. Could be alot of things. Report back with the codes.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03