Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #16
CaseyVR6
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 Jetta VR6 common problem!!

No, actually I can't use anything bot OE... gotta love california. If I get caught with an aftermarket (which I would when I get it smogged) not only would I expcet a CEL, they would slap me with a fine of a few hundred to a few thousand dollars AND they take my car. Sweet, huh? I think this whole "smog" think is just a crock to get more money out of the average fella... yes, I'm kidding all you tree huggers!
CaseyVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:40 AM   #17
lovemyjetta
AF Newbie

Re: 00 Jetta VR6 common problem!!

Hi guys,
I'm having similar problems with my 2000 jetta vr-6 but mine are intermitent. The car has just over 60K and some days the car runs great with no problems and other days it wants to stall at every light. Warning lights come on and turn off by themselves. Fuel economy suffers and so on. Repaced the MAF last summer the K&N filter is clean and re-charged. Had the car checked while there was a code in the OBC and it came up mass air flow, but it's new and the light went out after re setting.
One thing I haven't read on this site that my car does, is when I start my car it makes a weird vaccum sound, like an old model-T horn. Has anyone else heard this noise before? From reading a ton of posts I'm going to check the hoses and then ignition sen. rpm sensor. Any help would be great. Thx
lovemyjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #18
Jesus wong
AF Newbie

I have 1997 Jetta and this incident happened 4 times already. When I come to a stop light , the engine will accelerate around 4000 or 5000 run per minute. I would have to apply heavy footing on the brake so that I could stop the car from forging ahead and hitting the car in front. After the engine stopped running I would place the gear on the Park position and then Drive.
It is pretty scary especially if you are on the freeway ! Why is this happening. The Volks dealer technicians cannot tell me what is causing this problem.... Please someone tell me if they are expericing the same situation !!
Jesus wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #19
cardude1984
AF Newbie

it's not a hard fix but it took me awhile to figure out what it was
any direct injection or gdi engine will eventually have this same problem
you need to get your intake cleaned the the gas never touches it so even if you use additives for the gas you will never get better i will add a link to show you what i'm talking about I am 99% sure its the same problem i was having with my bmw you can even buy a kit and do it yourself it's so simple
https://youtu.be/PS8riAae_bM let me know if i help anyone i almost sold my car until i fugered it out now its better than new!!! ....and to think i changed all coils all plugs and thought it was ecu lol

IF THE LINK DOESN'T WORK LOOK UP Carbon Build up on Direct Injection Engine (Intake Valves) AKA GDI Gasoline Direct Injection ON YOUTUBE
cardude1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03