Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #31
dublstuf87
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 VW Jetta starting problems

audiofase88, I'm not saying you're in the wrong thread... maybe one of the readers or previous commentors have delt with such a problem. What I would do though, is try a more specific thread. Or type relevant keywords in your favorite search engine. That's what I did, that's how I got to this thread and ultimately how I fixed my problem.. Good luck!
dublstuf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #32
nsu98
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beven View Post
I have a 97 jetta that would not start when it was wet out. just keep a can of wd-40 with you. i just sprayed the ignition coil and distributer cap and she started up just fine.
I tried this and it actually worked
nsu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
lizettalouw
AF Newbie

Starting problems: VW JETTA 4 1.6 COMFORTLINE 2003

Please help!

I bought my VOLKSWAGEN-JETTA 4 1.6 COMFORTLINE (2003) second hand two years ago. Four months ago I started having intermittent starting problems. Cold start, at times at hot start. All kinds of weather.

The VW Garage replaced the Camshaft Sensor and installed a new starter. The problem continued. A second repair shop replaced the Crank Angle Sensor since their diagnostic system pointed to this as the problem. For two weeks the car was find and then the starting problems resumed. This time I could actually get it started by pushing it down a hill, in reverse. Jump starting with another car hasn't been successful in the past

I took the car back to this shop and they found that the diagnostic system still points out the error as the Crank Angle Sensor. A second opinion confirmed this. The mechanic assumed that the new sensor must have been a faulty part and ordered a brand new Crank Angle Sensor.

Got my car back yesterday and this morning it wouldn't start again.

Please help, I am loosing it. I can't get to work without a car!
lizettalouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #34
sellorauwane
AF Newbie

I have a problem with my Jetta 3 1.8 L 1998 Model, it just can't start the ignition is turning ok and the starter is ok but no iddling
sellorauwane is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03