Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
rogriney
AF Newbie

Pcm

How do a person test a powertrain control module to see if its faulty or good? My 1999 Ford Ranger doesn't even try to turn over when I try to start it. Battery is good, I got all lights and gages working when the key is turned on. All except the check engine light which went out months ago. Also the diagnostic link connector under the steering wheel doesn't work any more. The scan tool says link error when I plug into the diagnostic connector.

So again, is there anyway I can tell if the powertrain control module is bad?

Thanks,
Rog
rogriney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
FishFind
One Hot Shot

Re: Pcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogriney View Post
How do a person test a powertrain control module to see if its faulty or good? My 1999 Ford Ranger doesn't even try to turn over when I try to start it. Battery is good, I got all lights and gages working when the key is turned on. All except the check engine light which went out months ago. Also the diagnostic link connector under the steering wheel doesn't work any more. The scan tool says link error when I plug into the diagnostic connector.

So again, is there anyway I can tell if the powertrain control module is bad?

Thanks,
Rog
You will have to take it to Ford and have them test it. Most shops don't even have what you need to test it.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote