Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
scoobytuff
AF Regular

Does anybody like the Caliber?

I was wondering if anybody liked their Caliber. I have had no problems with mine but so many people seem to dislike it.
scoobytuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
pcushion
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Does anybody like the Caliber?

I can honestly say that we love ours.
We are getting approx. 28 mpg ...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
scoobytuff
AF Regular

Re: Does anybody like the Caliber?

I'm glad to see that somebody else likes theirs. I was beginning to feel left out there for a while.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
pcushion
AF Newbie

Granted, we have only had ours for 3 weeks, but I can honestly say,
by looking at my signature, I have driven many different types of cars.

The only issue we have is with the speakers.
Driverside do not work at all ... It is in the shop right now getting them replaced.

I have talked to a lot of different car guys ... hobbiest and profesionals ... and they all say the same, the CVT tech. has been around for a while and there have been no great issues with them.

Good luck ...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
scoobytuff
AF Regular

I haven't had mine very long either, but so far there is nothing about it to me to dislike. I guess if you bought one of the first ones you might have some issues. I know the guys at the dealership where I bought mine and I visit a lot. One of the reasons I bought the Caliber was because a friend of mine in the service department said they were really good cars.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
CoriolisSTORM
AF Newbie

Love my R/T FWD CVT, had it about a year now, no problems, averaging 28 or so MPG, best was 36 at one point, all highway then of course.
CoriolisSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
scoobytuff
AF Regular

My gas mileage has been about the same as what you have experienced. It's kinda funny that you have a 98' Jeep Wranger because I traded in my 99' Wrangler for my Caliber. I loved my Jeep but I couldn't get car seats in the back very easy.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
CoriolisSTORM
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobytuff
My gas mileage has been about the same as what you have experienced. It's kinda funny that you have a 98' Jeep Wranger because I traded in my 99' Wrangler for my Caliber. I loved my Jeep but I couldn't get car seats in the back very easy.
It sets around and gets driven on the weekends or sometimes I drive it to work. (Nothing like wind in the hair and the sun shining down on ya!) I don't have the car seat problem yet.
CoriolisSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
rodentman
AF Newbie

I have an 08 Caliber SXT CVT with no problems after 1k miles. Not the fastest off the line, but I didn't buy it for that. I like the styling. Don't pay attention to the auto mags which ALWAYS favour the imports.
rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #10
dcjredline
AF Newbie

16k miles on mine NO PROBLEMS YET, 28mpg average and I have been up to 29.8 on one tank.
dcjredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
pcushion
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Does anybody like the Caliber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjredline
16k miles on mine NO PROBLEMS YET, 28mpg average and I have been up to 29.8 on one tank.
We have an '07 with 30K and we are getting 30 MPG+ on average.
No problems with CVT ... No problems with engine ... Interior is great.
Absolutley LOVE IT!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #12
Blazr2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazr2

I drive a 07 RT-AWD I work as a courrier so I spend 8 hours a day in the car this one has almost 75,000 on it already! The car had some minor issues in the begining but they where all covered under waranty. Since then I have had no problems with the car. I did have some unusual tire wear with the Firestones on it and some brake rotor warp but I got it taken care of. The RT is a good choice the added horsepower is worth the extra $ and the auto stick helps for acelleration. The car handles good and the seats are fairly comfortable. Gas mileage has been around 25 MPG.
Blazr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
BillTR
AF Newbie

This is the first Dodge product I have owned, and I must say that I LOVE IT!!
I purchased my '07 R/T AWD in December of last year (almost a year old now) and I have put about 63,000 Km on it. I made three changes immediately in it before it left the dealers' lot:

1. I dumped the oil and used Castrol Syntec 5w-20 instead. It is a full synthetic and after using it in four other vehicles (some of which had over 300,000 Km on them when traded) I will use nothing else. It has much better wetting power and a lower coefficient of friction than "normal" oils; so it reduces wear and friction which contributes to better mileage.

2. I pulled the stock spark plugs and installed Bosch Platinum +4's. These are a multi-electrode plug in which four electrodes surround the center one. They produce a larger spark which gives much more even and complete burning of the fuel. This equates to more power and better mileage.

3. I pulled the stock air cleaner and installed a K&N low restriction one. Besides being a permanent filter which only needs to be cleaned and re-oiled every so often, it has a much lower resistance to the air being drawn through it. This means the engine can breathe better and again, improves mileage and performance.

This car has been one of the best vehicles I have owned (and I have owned quite a few; domestics and imports alike). It has been utterly reliable and I am currently getting between 30 and 32 MPG (mixed city/highway driving).
I got it fully loaded and such nicities as the heated leather seats are especially welcome right now as the current high temperatures here in Calgary today are -24 degrees (-40 with the wind chill).

I would be the first to admit that I have had cars with better pure performance (Competition-equipped Volvo 123GT) and better handling (Mini Cooper S); but I have not seen a better combination of performance; economy; handling; space and comfort in a small to mid-sized vehicle as the Caliber.

I would not hesitate to buy another one and that is the best thing I can say about ANY vehicle.
BillTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
typesix
AF Regular

You are supposed to let the engine "break-in" before changing to synthetic oil.
typesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
Dodge_SRT
AF Newbie

ya the only caliber is the srt-4 since its a sports car but only down side the the price of the oil change lol since they take mobil 1 0W 40 syn.
Dodge_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber