Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
02 DTS Oil Leak.

Has anyone ever replaced a REAR MAIN SEAL on a NorthStar before, I am working onan 02 Cadillac DTS w/ a northstar and it has a couple oil leaks, Rear Valve cover (gonna replace both) and REAR MAIN SEAL I am going to replace the Oil Pan Gasket as well, I know the tranny has to be dropped or pull the engine, but my labor guide only goes up to 99 and for the deville it only calls for 8.8 hours. I don't know if the 99 had the northstars or not, but it looks like it is going to take longer that that to replace this.
also anyone know if there are any special tools involved?

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 DTS Oil Leak.

The '99 Devilles used the same basic powertrain. The chassis of the DTS is the same as the '98-'04 Seville SLS and STS.
I'm not sure about special tools. Do you have a service manual? If not, I'll check my 2000 manual, which should be the same.
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81

No, I don't have a Service Manual. Could You check that for me, and would you be able to send me a copy of the instructions for replacing the Rear Main Seal - if so email it to dksob81@hotmail.com

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
donjuan0084
AF Newbie

Hey man I'm new to this thread, but you might be able to help me. I have a 2000 DTS and also have a leak, it was taken to the shop and they told me it was the valve cover gaskets. This job alone would cost me about $600, i have a decent knowledge of cars and would like to try it myself. Since you are talking about this same problem, has anyone here had any experience with this repair? Any tips or how to guides?
Thanks,
donjuan0084 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS