Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Escalade | ESV | EXT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
dave_1976
AF Newbie

P1516 ghost problem

I have been looking at a 2003 cadillac ext with a 6.0 for a friend. they say when you let the truck idle for 20 minutes in the morning it will start to lope and miss. it then displays reduced engine power and wont hardly move. the throttle body was replaced with a new gm part 6 months ago and has been fine until now. the throttle body pigtail and tac module have been replaced with known good parts. the battery is also new. it still acts up for them but i have never seen it myself after several hours of running. i unplugged the tac module and used a power probe 3 to check the ground and it trips the breaker so it must be ok. i cant get my hands behind the head to get the grounds loose to inspect them but everything seems tight. i have wiggled the wiring while watching the scanner and there are no spikes or dropouts.i hook up a snapon modis and watch the throttle data and everything looks fine except maybe once every 30 minutes the app and tps voltage drops to 0 volts for a millisecond then its back to normal. it does not set a code or act up when this happens. occasionally the scanner will lose communication as well. anyone had a similar problem? thanks in advance
dave_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
bedge64
AF Newbie

Re: P1516 ghost problem

im having the same problem!! have you figured it out yet?
bedge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
dave_1976
AF Newbie

I had the same problem a few years ago. I spliced into the ground for the tac module a couple inches away from the plug and ran an extra ground to clean sheet metal close to the module. Problem solved after doing this.
dave_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
bedge64
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_1976 View Post
I had the same problem a few years ago. I spliced into the ground for the tac module a couple inches away from the plug and ran an extra ground to clean sheet metal close to the module. Problem solved after doing this.

Thank you. I will try it out and let you know.
bedge64 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Escalade | ESV | EXT