Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Cramill
AF Newbie

97 Climate Control Display Gone

My battery in my 97 Bonneville recently died and I had it replaced, but soon after it being replaced, I noticed that my clock and climate control display weren't showing when the car was running. Everything still works, but I don't get the display.

The clock/radio display does show when the ignition is in the Accessory position after being in the On position, but the climate control display never shows.

A friend suggested it could have been something with the TheftLock system needing a code, but that doesn't seem to be the case because the radio still works and I don't ever see the radio display 'LOC'.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be a blown fuse or something? Which fuses do I check?
Cramill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 97 Climate Control Display Gone

this didn't happen, exactly when the battery was replaced? It happened later? If yes, then battery installation was not the problem...

Go to your fuse block, turn key to on, not start.....check all fuses for power and check to see if any are blown...replace blown ones....if you have more than one fuse without power to it, could have an ignition switch problem.....

Does the rheostat work on the lights of the dash? In other words, does the dimmer work? Have any affect on any of the lights to the radio/HVAC head?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Cramill
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Climate Control Display Gone

I got this figured out, and I feel like an idiot. After checking the fuses and not finding a problem, I just let it be until I got into my car one evening and realized my dash lights were off (I was driving during the day before this). I forgot that I tried to turn everything off that I could when trying to jump start my car before getting the new battery.

So yeah, it was the dimmer. Silly me...
Cramill is offline   Reply With Quote