Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
crtel
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to crtel
Question Lancia Montecarlo/Scorpion Parking Brakes

I'm working on a restoration project. A Lancia Montecarlo, similar to the Lancia Scorpion imported in the US. This car has been raced by previous owners, and the original brakes where replaced by Corvette’s 4 pistons calipers and disks (yes, the damn thing STOPS).

Now, ¾ of the way into the restoration process, I realize the car doesn’t have a parking brake. The people that made the modifications (company somewhere in California), installed some kind of electrical brake system (for parking/emergency). This setup is not working as the car was parked for almost 10 years, the pieces are rusted and damaged.

Bottom line is that I need parking brakes or the car won’t approve for street use, and yes, I want to drive it once done.

Any suggestions on some aftermarket parking brake system? Something to add to the axel maybe? Another electrical pump system?

For those unfamiliar with the car, it has a rear engine, so the kits that I’ve seen that install in the transfer shaft are not good here.

Any suggestions are really appreciated !!

Thanks

CRTEL
crtel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > General Discussion