Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #1
Spaniard
AF Newbie

<$10/hp gizmo

Im gonna sound like an ad but I dont care. For any of you who have done most everything and want to try another relatively easy and cheap mod, or those who have done nothing on intake, I can say that I simply used that "tornado" thing and noticed a better acceleration in the 5K-6500 rpm range. Apparently the air element insert creates a vortex that increases airflow. I wouldnt be suprised if I got more than 8hp increase with it and the K+N filter. If I had a modded intake system I would seriously consider incorporating it to see if there might still be real perf gains, considering it is less than $90. The website is www.myauto.tv and I hope no one thinks I have anything to gain from this cause I am not affiliated with the company. It seemed to me that since the max's high rpm limitation is in part due to air intake, this might be a real deal help. I havent really done any serious testing on it cause I have only just taken it on the freeway on ramps but I can say for sure that its noticeable. Ok anyways, cheers. Hope someone finds this useful.
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

dude, you're probably gonna get ragged on. but i couldn't agree more. i got my tornado right after i bought my intake and that fucker's never comin out. it makes such more stable power at high rpm's. when i put my intake in my CEL always came on and my rpms at idle used to bounce around a bit(from 700-1200). all that nonsense stopped when i put in the tornado. everyone i know who has a tornado, swears by it, and all the people who are too cheap to invest a little $$$ in something new tell everyone else it's garbage
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:35 PM   #3
Spaniard
AF Newbie

Right on Paonessa. The only thing that you can say thats negative about the product is you KNOW it only costs em $2.00 to make em, heh. But screw it, Im getting what I paid for!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

gotta pay for the research and development. but other than that, yeah $2.00 sounds about right
Old 04-09-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
Spaniard
AF Newbie

Dude. Getting Koni Shocks/Struts, Stillen catback, and that FSTB you recommended in the next few days. Cant do Y-pipe but I might be able to get the MEVI since it was 'stock' for certain regions. O yea.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #6
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

shit'll ride nice. you keeping stock ride height?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #7
Spaniard
AF Newbie

Yea, gotta. Sticking with the original springs since they might have lowered a bit over the 90K, heh. Next season I can get jiggy with intake, leave the FSTB on, get aftermarket clutch and rotors (install the rotors that are sitting on the floor, dammit!). If only I could get that Y-pipe kind of increase, but that would put me into Open classification against trailered in cars, uh, not worth the 15 hp. Do you know if theres an option to stay totally 'street legal' but increase the stock y-pipe assembly?

As for performace increases, after all this, light-ass wheels would be the biggest deal I think.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
Spaz
AF Enthusiast

from what I understand, the budget y-pipe still keeps it all street legal. Only the stealin one renders your car off-road use only, from what I've read.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
FarbsMaxima
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to FarbsMaxima
For budget it takes out 2 precats but from what I heard you can still pass emmisions. I will tell you for a fact when I go tho hehe
FarbsMaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #10
Spaniard
AF Newbie

I cant go with anything that wouldnt be considered factory emissions, confound it. Im hoping that theres a upgraded pre-cat containing y-pipe that still improves performance.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35