Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mighty Max
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
slpolson
AF Newbie

92 mighty max fuel problem

Please help, Purchased 92 mighty max 2.4l w/fuel injection, Purchased from original owner with 118k miles, He said that the head needed to be rebuilt, He had purchased another motor complete from pick n pull, The used head was on it, Blown head gasket, So we took the original head and cleaned it up ( lots of build up on all valves) and placed it back on the motor, It started and ran but smoked blue exhaust terribly, We replaced the spark plugs ( also very black) and wires, rotor etc, Motor is getting way to much fuel and the fuel pump is on all the time (even with ignition off) fuel is coming out the exhaust, Dropped the tank and checked the fuel pump and it appeared to be ok, Removed the computer and fuel pump relay and they also appeared to be ok ( visual only ), replaced the fuel regulator and rail with injectors ( from used motor) still the same thing, I have ordered the repair manual for it but I have not received it yet, I do not just want to throw money at it I would like trouble shoot it and replace any parts that are needed. I hope someone else has had this problem and can help resolve, thank you
slpolson is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mighty Max